That Time of Year Again......

Edit My Images
Yes
....Light trails! :banana: :D

Been having a play with some filters that were kindly passed onto me by Dan @drooke , thanks Dan :)

This was 160 seconds, f/9 with a 3stop + 3stop grad filter added.

C&C welcome, thanks for looking :)

M62 Rishworth Moor- Revisited by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

That's very nice Phil. Just the right level of shadow detail, and nice rivers of colour to take you through it all.

Where was this?

Very nice trails and colours too :)

silky smooth photo, i like it.

Very nice.

Thanks chaps :)

That's great Phil, I thought the lighting would have been good last night! Good work!

Thanks Dan :), tbh I was a little disappointed with the sunset, I thought the low dark cloud was going to break up to leave lots of high cloud that would turn red but it never really happened :rolleyes:

That's very nice Phil. Just the right level of shadow detail, and nice rivers of colour to take you through it all.

Where was this?

Thanks Tim :), its where the M62 splits around the farm house at Rishworth Moor. This was taken on the south side looking west towards the communication tower at junc. 22, Windy hill.

Access is from Scammonden Bridge, its got very overgrown and there's a fence to negotiate but nothing too bad, ask Rob @robphotographer :naughty: :D
Its only 10 minutes from where I live, if you ever want to take a look give me a shout (y). I would advise we go when the weathers right though, its a bit bleak in the wind and rain :D

Very nice Phil. The sky is very nice and nicely complements the colours on the motorway.

Thanks Tim :), its where the M62 splits around the farm house at Rishworth Moor. This was taken on the south side looking west towards the communication tower at junc. 22, Windy hill.

Access is from Scammonden Bridge, its got very overgrown and there's a fence to negotiate but nothing too bad, ask Rob @robphotographer :naughty: :D
Its only 10 minutes from where I live, if you ever want to take a look give me a shout (y). I would advise we go when the weathers right though, its a bit bleak in the wind and rain :D
Thanks Phil, yeah I thought it was around the Scammonden area but couldn't place it exactly. I often drive past there on my way back to visit the folks in Madchester and always fancied a wonder round the bridge and reservoir. Never been able to figure out how to get off the motorway and get to it though! I'd be up for a night out there soon!

I've got the wife's approval for the October meet anyway, so looking forward to catching up with you then :)

Edit: Ah yes! I've taken a closer look on Flickr and figured out where you were. I missed the dam, and farmhouse where the road splits (y)

Last edited:
Very nice Phil. The sky is very nice and nicely complements the colours on the motorway.

Thanks Iain :)

I've got the wife's approval for the October meet anyway, so looking forward to catching up with you then :)

Looking forward to it Tim (y)

Good work :) Pretty inspirational stuff - makes me want to get out at night and shoot again

Thanks chaps :)

Thanks Dan :), tbh I was a little disappointed with the sunset, I thought the low dark cloud was going to break up to leave lots of high cloud that would turn red but it never really happened :rolleyes:

Oh that dodgy fence that i decide to go over middle on so it shakes [emoji23] no fence climbing for me for a while. Could do with a interim meet tho

Lovely colours

Very nice!

Good work :) Pretty inspirational stuff - makes me want to get out at night and shoot again

Thanks for the comments :)

Oh that dodgy fence that i decide to go over middle on so it shakes [emoji23] no fence climbing for me for a while. Could do with a interim meet tho

Sorry Rob, Lynn's just asked what I'm laughing at :D.............and yes, I'm all for an interim meet (y)

Nice shot btw phil

Thanks mate :)

That works for me @Phil-D , great composition, well handled exposure with detail in the shadows & highlights, and a lovely sky with very nice colours.(y)

George.

Great images Phil and Robert :)

Cheers

That works for me @Phil-D , great composition, well handled exposure with detail in the shadows & highlights, and a lovely sky with very nice colours.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Was a cracking sunrise this morning

Nice sky that Rob (y) I'm over at Flamborough and nearly got up for sunrise but couldn't be ar**d
3f82d.gif
.....wouldn't care, I didn't even have to get up at stupid o'clock! :D

I'm over at Flamborough and nearly got up for sunrise but couldn't be ar**d .....wouldn't care, I didn't even have to get up at stupid o'clock! :D

I was up at silly o'clock. There's a park fairly near here with a modern standing stone type circle and I thought the fog and sunrise might make it look less like some pointless new town fartwork.

.............well, I was wrong...... the dog and I had a pleasant walk anyway though ;-)

Back