That's My Dad...

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
4336_2938393404c02771c06b3d.jpg

This is the last of my recent flurry of woodpecker shots.. I'm leaving 'em alone now and moving on. :D

7D 500mm F4L 800 ISO.

Great image (y)

Im having a look at another Kingfisher site this week seems like the bad winter has'nt helped them

Regards

Richard

Nah, does nothing for me.

Oh damn, I'm a bad liar :D. The ones I see don't look that good in real life let alone on camera!!! :shake:

Tara

Great image (y)

Im having a look at another Kingfisher site this week seems like the bad winter has'nt helped them

Regards

Richard

LOL. I might waste a day or two of my life looking for Kingfishers this coming week. :D

I think this is your best shot yet andmy fav Cedric!

Was this today? I spent an hour at a certain place watching KF busy feeding, saw a couple or three toggers but I doubt they will have got any good shots.

Weather permitting I shall be up and out tomorrow so shall see what I can find :)

I think this is your best shot yet andmy fav Cedric!

Was this today? I spent an hour at a certain place watching KF busy feeding, saw a couple or three toggers but I doubt they will have got any good shots.

Thanks Dan. No this was from my last time out on Friday.

Weather permitting I shall be up and out tomorrow so shall see what I can find :)

Good luck!

I have a feeling looking at a video I saw on flickr of the chicks that any minute now they will be gone, but I will take a look in the morning.

Well the forecast looks dry anyway, so alarm clock at the ready (y)

A sharp set of images as always from you Ced`s (y) thanks for sharing. I also need to check out the KF`s again this week. They are defo there but activity is not frequent. I have just looked back at last years images with the KF`s bringing back fish and they are dated from the 10/6/09, so I am just wondering if it will be very near to that time this year :shrug:

I have a feeling looking at a video I saw on flickr of the chicks that any minute now they will be gone, but I will take a look in the morning.

We had a good walk and recce round The Chase today sans cameras - just took the nockies. We did check out that nest and they've definitely gone, in fact you can see the young 'uns in the trees now.

We had the Jay on the ground 20 feet away for ages- and no cameras! :LOL:

Last edited:
I have just looked back at last years images with the KF`s bringing back fish and they are dated from the 10/6/09, so I am just wondering if it will be very near to that time this year :shrug:

You'd think so wouldn't you - but trying to second -guess Kingfishers! :shrug:
Certainly when they have young should be the best time as they're under enormous pressure to feed them.

I got the last couple of shots of the young today, then a little later they had fledged, and we could hear them in the trees :)

got a nice set from the other male GSW from another nest

Last edited:
That is really lovely! Another absolutely stunning shot CT! Love it!!!

That is a cracking shot - I've never managed a decent shot of one let alone a pair (y)

Just crying out for a caption though :shrug:

Nick

Well I did give it a caption in the the thread title Nick. :D

Well I did give it a caption in the the thread title Nick. :D

Very true - must read more carefully :bang::bang::bang:

Nature at it's best (y) Lovely image CT :clap:

Excellent image CT, have not had the pleasure of using a 500mm so approx how far from the subject was this captured

Excellent image CT, have not had the pleasure of using a 500mm so approx how far from the subject was this captured

Well - minimum focusing distance with the 500mm F4L is just under 15 feet, so I'd guess I was somewhere between that and 20 feet and it's still cropped.

I wouldn't care to work any closer than that with a shorter lens in this situation for fear of distressing the birds. As you can see these birds are quite unstressed by my presence and I had gradually worked up to getting this close.

Back