Thats torn it!

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Now I've gone and done it....

I have ordered the Sigma 120-300 2.8 from digitalrev via ebay!

£1145 inc del and ins. They will even refund the VAT apparently!

I had to email them to tell them to make it Nikon fit, as I didnt get the chance to tell them any other way. Does everyone think thats ok? Im a little worried tbh! Anyone else got experiences in this kind of thing?

sounds like you got a big credit card bill to look forward too!

If they send you a Canon version just forward it to me, they're worth nothing second hand ;) :whistle2:

Well done Joe, You have been promising yourself that lens for some time.

Enjoy it when it arrives.. :thumb:

Nice purchase Joe.

I recently bought the Sigma 70-200 from Digitalrev and just emailed them a couple of times to confirm the fit I wanted.

Bet you can't wait Joe.............If I remember correctly mine was despatched on a Monday and received the Wednesday.

I have heard good things about this lens so let us know (I am sure you will ;) ) how you find it.

Well I picked it up this morning from the UPS Luton dept, as no-one was here when they tried to deliver yesterday.

First impressions?

Its HUGE and VERY VERY heavy! Feels great though. The HSM motor is so quiet you cannot hear it.

Due to low light levels around today, I have been mostly shooting wide open.

This is one of my first pics:

DSC_5709-03.jpg

D70, 300mm, f2.8, 1/200, ISO 400

Its not the greatest pic ever, as the focal point should have been a bitfurther back. ALso the noise reduction has reduced the sharpness very slightly IMO. (Processed using RSP).

Overall, I htink I'm happy so far. Now to find a motorsport event to go to. There isnt many this time of year! :)

can you set a tripod up and get some better examples Joe, that shot really doenst do you or the lens any justice

Although the bokeh gives a real 3D effect. ....I thought that beak was coming off the page at first ;)

EosD said:
can you set a tripod up and get some better examples Joe, that shot really doenst do you or the lens any justice

Agreed. Also as you quoted Joe its been a poor day for light in your area. ;)

That is an awesome lens Joe, The right subjects on the right day will bring some jaw dropping shots from that lens.. :thumb:

I have to agree with the others here, the light and conditions are not allowing you to show off the lens at its true potential. Not wanting to come accross harsh but if you were trying to sell me that lens off that picture I would be buying something else.

Back