The 10 Best Camera Phones You Can Buy in 2021

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
No
Another article from PetaPixel.
It can be difficult to decide which phone to buy when there are so many good options. In my opinion, it’s a matter of deciding which features you want to prioritize and ensuring a good balance with the rest of the specs.
For example, if you do a lot of selfies, then you’d want a phone with an excellent front camera. If you like night photography, then you should search for a phone that performs best in low-light conditions. Obviously, you’ll also need to take your budget into account.
On this list, I’ve included the best camera phones for different needs – from the best point-and-shoot camera phones to the best phones for post-processing, from the phone with the best performance overall to the best budget smartphone.

I have never felt the need to buy a camera phone. You pay so much for the camera part yet you still have to replace it since the phone becomes outdated or unsupported after a while. I know the adage the best camera is the one you have with you and phones are always there but I can’t justify spending a lot on a phone of any kind.

I’m more than happy with my huawei p smart I bought from Amazon wearhouse. 60 odd quid and the camera on it is mad. Full auto with aperture between 0.95 - 16

Some of the photos would be more than adequate for people that do Facebook or the like.
If I want a day out taking photos, I’ll take my “proper” camera.

I think the quality of camera phones is beyond question (in a good way). I came across a very interesting article showing how they are catching up with traditional cameras thanks to AI.

https://www.dxomark.com/smartphones-vs-cameras-closing-the-gap-on-image-quality/

My main concern has always been that you end up throwing away perfectly good camera gear which you paid a premium for because it is attached to an outdated phone.

Well, if you buy that Huawei you can claim to have a Leica! But it sucks that you have to hack the thing to install the Google apps and services, because of politics. My first smartphone was a T-mobile rebranded Huawei (I rather miss having a phone like this where you can change the battery easily, and with a tiny trackball for editing).

I still have a Huawei Mate 20 Lite which runs Android 10 and still has access to all of the Google apps and services, including the Play Store. As well as the usual photos and videos it also has a Portrait mode, an Aperture priority mode, Slow-Mo video, Night shots, panorama, light painting mode, HDR, time-lapse, and more. It has a 20MP sensor and takes 1080p videos at 30 or 60 fps. The photos and videos have a clean, modern look.

But, for me, Android is slow, clunky, and unintuitive compared to iOS, and my iPhone XS makes taking photos fun. So I'll be upgrading to the new iPhone in autumn.

I had the P30pro the last of the google approved units, it was nice, but i dont get on with Android, so i sacked it off and went 12 pro max, installed Camera apps and im good... Does whats needed and they look good too.

I went the full monty a few weeks ago (my once every several years treat to myself) and bought the iPhone 12 max pro.

Liking the convenience and quality BUT if I am on a future “photography day“ (by myself or with like minded people) it will definitely be with my Canon.

Back