The 12 Apostles

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
The 12 Apostles (Victoria, Australia)

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda going through a new period with my photography. I thought long and hard how I would like to approach everything. I'm looking to just enjoy taking photos and to have lots of fun shooting any subject available. Decided I'll post one photo every month online. This way it's a goal I can continue to achieve long term without creating pressure for myself and ruining all the fun.

Looking forward to participating in the threads. The standard of work here is incredibly high I have already found. I was on a UK forum a long time ago and it was a great experience. The people were fantastic! No, I won't be moving to the UK. I think you already have enough of us Aussies bombarding your country from what I have heard over the years. Please don't judge me by some of them. I think a portion of the Aussie riff raff got over there! haha

Last edited:
That’s a very nice shot Sir, some really nice tones, well composed, and well presented.(y)

George.

Beautiful shot, great tones as the others have said and some detail even away off into the distance, love it!

I loove it the tones are great especially#

A great image, you have set a high standard to start with. The sepia tones do suit this picture.

Thank you for all the great comments! I really like this one myself so yes, did start off with a high standard. I like to be positive and think the best image of my life is still in my future. Even if the next 100 pics all fall below expectation, it doesn't matter, there is always something to work toward. You have to take the good with the bad. Photography is a fantastic hobby!

I like this.

Lovely place, it's a shame the standing rocks are falling into the sea. I guess they'll be gone in a few years time, to be replaced by new ones in more than a few years time.

I like this.

Lovely place, it's a shame the standing rocks are falling into the sea. I guess they'll be gone in a few years time, to be replaced by new ones in more than a few years time.

Thanks Glenn. In the pic you can see 4 standing and in front of these the remains of some that collapsed not that long ago. I have old film pics somewhere when they were still standing. It's still a very dramatic sight to see. There is also another huge one not in frame to the left. I have another image I took which shows the large one as well with a different perspective. I preferred this pic overall so posted this one.

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn. In the pic you can see 4 standing and in front of these the remains of some that collapsed not that long ago. I have old film pics somewhere when they were still standing. It's still a very dramatic sight to see. There is also another huge one not in frame to the left. I have another image I took which shows the large one as well with a different perspective. I preferred this pic overall so posted this one.

We were there in 2000, before the collapse. Didn't go along the Great Ocean Road last time we were down under in 2014. Melbourne and surrounds is one of our favourite areas in the world, and we have some great Aussie friends there. It's a shame it's so far from Blighty...

The 12 Apostles (Victoria, Australia)
beautiful shot stunning composition and tones ..love the mood in this
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda going through a new period with my photography. I thought long and hard how I would like to approach everything. I'm looking to just enjoy taking photos and to have lots of fun shooting any subject available. Decided I'll post one photo every month online. This way it's a goal I can continue to achieve long term without creating pressure for myself and ruining all the fun.

Looking forward to participating in the threads. The standard of work here is incredibly high I have already found. I was on a UK forum a long time ago and it was a great experience. The people were fantastic! No, I won't be moving to the UK. I think you already have enough of us Aussies bombarding your country from what I have heard over the years. Please don't judge me by some of them. I think a portion of the Aussie riff raff got over there! haha

12-_Apostles.jpg

Looks an epic location.

In terms of the picture the foreground “ledge” your on needs to go. It doesn’t do much and the stacks seem very distant.

I’d have shot a fair bit longer, not so much that the perspective would get squashed as it can with very long focal lengths but enough to lose half the bottom of the image and a good bit off the dark side. Something a bit more like this Crude crop as I’m mobile at the mo ***EDIT REMOVED AT REQUEST OF OP**

Last edited:
Back