The 2011 Slimming Thread!!

Cambsno, the basic metabolic rate for a male is in the region of 2500 calories per day. To work out what you should eat you need to think about how much weight you want to loose each week. To loose 2 lbs per week you would need to reduce your intake by 1000 calories per day leaving an intake of 1500 per day. To loose 1 lb per week you would need to reduce your intake by 500 calories per day leaving an intake of 2000 per day.

Cambsno, the basic metabolic rate for a male is in the region of 2500 calories per day. To work out what you should eat you need to think about how much weight you want to loose each week. To loose 2 lbs per week you would need to reduce your intake by 1000 calories per day leaving an intake of 1500 per day. To loose 1 lb per week you would need to reduce your intake by 500 calories per day leaving an intake of 2000 per day.

Cheers, I know there are variables but thats a good benchmark.

Your Weight Loss - What it means in real terms....

1 pound = a Guinea Pig

1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts

2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs

3 pounds = an average human brain

4 pounds = an ostrich egg

5 pounds = a Chihuahua

6 pounds = a human’s skin

7.5 pounds = an average newborn

8 pounds = a human head

10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year

11 pounds = an average20housecat

12 pounds = a Bald Eagle

15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs

16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain

20 pounds = an automobile tire

23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year

24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream

25 pounds = an average 2 year old

30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year

33 pounds = a cinder block

36 pounds = a mid-size microwave

40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg

44 pounds = an elephant’s heart

50 pounds = a small bale of hay

55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

60 pounds = 3 automobile tires

66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year

70 pounds = an Irish Setter

77 pounds = a gold brick

80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape

90 pounds = a newborn calf

100 pounds = a 2 month old horse

111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year

117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)

118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica

120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month

130 pounds = a newborn giraffe

138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year

140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year

144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)

150 pounds = the complete Oxfor d English Dictionary

187 pounds = an average adult man

200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds

235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger

300 pounds = an average football lineman

400 pounds = a Welsh pony

(anyone seem a pile of Encyclopedias with A Guinea Pig Sat on the top? It seems I've lost one! ;))

Not been around for a while to update, Slimming World weight loss to date:

31/03/12 - 1 stone 11 1/2lb.

Slimming World weight loss to date:

31/03/12 - 1 stone 11 1/2lb
05/04/12 1 1/2lb off - 1 stone 13lb down/

Again haven't updated this for a couple of weeks.

1/2 lb down this week taking total loss to 2 ston 6.5 lbs. :)

I am in my 3rd week and currently 12lb down! Myfitnesspal is a great free app for iPhone. Enter what you eat (scan barcodes) and it adds up calorie intake. I am aiming for 1530 in a weekday, and at weekends am allowing myself the recommended 2500 each day, although twice I have gone over that (knocking on 4000 one day after a night out on the beers).

I am actually finding it quite easy, and not feeling like I am missing out too much.

Well I haven't updated this for a while.

I have now lost 3 stone exactly and am looking to lose one more. Am very chuffed :)

I've taken up playing squash and my good eating habits are a way of life now rather than a diet.

Recently been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic (well, as an overweight, middle aged man, I wasn't too surprised) so have been a bit more sensible about eating for a couple of months. managed to drop a couple of stone. next step is some exercise, maybe...but don't expect to see me running a Marathon!
Diabetes seems to be under control with Metformin and sensible eating

Well done Nod on losing the weight you have so far :)

Finally did a comparison. 3 stone down, 1 more stone to go. I'm still playing squash to tone up.

7621221266_e8c3aff1a8_c.jpg

Well, with a new year approaching and new years resolutions I was wondering how everyone else had been getting on with their weight losses. The pics above I had lost three stone. I have lost 3 and a half stone now (not much since I last posted here) but I am still super duper chuffed and would rather lose it slowly and keep it off.

I really should do a full length comparison, but here's a pic of me before the weight loss, and two pics of me in the last couple of weeks.

8274720007_ef3e8e4b60_z.jpg
8274719331_9912f3ecb3_z.jpg

squizza said:
Well, with a new year approaching and new years resolutions I was wondering how everyone else had been getting on with their weight losses. The pics above I had lost three stone. I have lost 3 and a half stone now (not much since I last posted here) but I am still super duper chuffed and would rather lose it slowly and keep it off.

I really should do a full length comparison, but here's a pic of me before the weight loss, and two pics of me in the last couple of weeks.

Looks great.

I have lost about 2 stone but finding it hard to shift more. At least weight has stayed off, am running now too.

Back