The age of the train B/W

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from on top of the bridge....not really flying;) and some messing about in Cs2. Considered this for the fortnightly comp as well as another, got a few others from that day I may share later.

station41oe.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

My first thought was why have you taken the softer option of sticking it in sharing? ;)

You must be pretty pleased with it. It's one of those shots that has much more going on than you see in the first glance.

The highlights on the tracks lead the eye up and down nicely and the two guys on the platform are great.

it doesn't harm my enjoyment either that you've processed it pretty much just how I would have printed it, back when that's what I did. Black is black, white is white and the tones inbetween are very compressed but well placed.

I like it.. it's caught the whole atmosphere of the steam era very nicely there and the processing suits it..... nice gritty feel.

I once travelled from Sheffield to Birmingham standing in the corridor of a crowded steam train swapping spit all the way with some girl I'd only met on the train and never asked her name AFAICR. Nothing to do with Ken's pic of course... givng myself a slap for going off topic. :getmecoat

Great image and treatment - in the "wishI'd" catagory. Evokes times past - running eyes and black hankies just from being on the platform!

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments, I did some dodging and burning to the engine nose, bumpers and the steam from the train, leaving the rest and now I'm not sure if I have overdone it or should add to the rest of the carriages..as it seems to stand out a bit more than I originally thought.
dazzajl said:
My first thought was why have you taken the softer option of sticking it in sharing? ;)
I did originally intend putting up a before, during and after but chickened out :D

dazzajl said:
You must be pretty pleased with it.
Initially after first seeing the end result but to be honest, this was taken a while ago and have never bothered trying to process it until now, when last night the wife noticed and commented on it.....so decided to give it a go.

Ct said:
I once travelled from Sheffield to Birmingham standing in the corridor of a crowded steam train swapping spit all the way with some girl I'd only met on the train
Errrrrrrrrrrr!

I think that the focus is firmly on the engine and the steam, which IMO is were it should be. The dodging and burning has been well controlled and only adds and enhances what is already a great picture.

I quite like not having seen any other different processed shots as this one is doesn’t leave me wanting any more or feeling as though something is wrong or could be improved. I came, I saw and left the thread very happy and impressed with it as is :thumb:

Thanks Steve....
Just for refference it was taken with the Sigma 70-300 @ 70mm, F4.5, Iso 800.
Thanks again for the comments guys.
Ken.

Can't quite find the words to describe how I feel about this one Ken.....other than it's another lovely shot of yours I am glad you have shared:thumb:

lovely :)

great shot ken. i agree with the above, i like it that the blacks and whites are true, fantastic contrast. the slight curve to the train and the billows of smoke give it good depth too.

nice one.

and CT - :shock: :woot: :suspect1:

Wow! Nice shot! :)

Back