The Alps

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hey guys, been a while since I posted, sorry.

Recently come back from a trip to the The Alps with the missus and Monty. I videoed the entire trip and split it into four parts. Anyway, the first part has been live on Youtube for a couple of weeks, thought you guys might be interested. Link below and also an image of the Pasterze Glacier that features in the video.

Let me know what you think (y)

Pasterze Glacier
by Greg Whitton, on Flickr

Hi Greg, I'll watch the videos later when I have more time, especially with interest as we are off to the Dolomites next year.

The pano, I'm sure shows some lovely detail but I've got to say that first shot is so good.

It is really well processed, a lot of people struggle with snow, but you have tonal separation between the rocks, the snow and the sky, then hints of colour mainly in the glacier and dirty snow around it. Really strong composition too, nice one.

Hi Greg, I'll watch the videos later when I have more time, especially with interest as we are off to the Dolomites next year.

The pano, I'm sure shows some lovely detail but I've got to say that first shot is so good.

It is really well processed, a lot of people struggle with snow, but you have tonal separation between the rocks, the snow and the sky, then hints of colour mainly in the glacier and dirty snow around it. Really strong composition too, nice one.

Cool, let me know what you have planned, might have the odd bit of advice (if you need it).

Thanks for the feedback on the pics :)

Great pix, mate!

Cheers bud :)

More good work Greg, from both the video perspective and the photography. Certainly looks a beautiful place albeit not for a Suffolk mountain goat like me :LOL:

That panorama is utterly superb and there is not one single thing I can think of that I would change or done differently. I reckon it's my favourite of yours. The colours, light, shadows and composition are excellent.

Two utterly superb images. The glacier shot is extremely well controlled, fabulous detail and terrific tonal range. The pano is sublime, again superb tonal range and detail.

More good work Greg, from both the video perspective and the photography. Certainly looks a beautiful place albeit not for a Suffolk mountain goat like me :LOL:

I wouldn't worry, many high places are easily accessible in the Alps...even if you suffer from vertigo! ;)

That panorama is utterly superb and there is not one single thing I can think of that I would change or done differently. I reckon it's my favourite of yours. The colours, light, shadows and composition are excellent.

Thanks Steven, appreciated mate :)

Two utterly superb images. The glacier shot is extremely well controlled, fabulous detail and terrific tonal range. The pano is sublime, again superb tonal range and detail.

Cheers Paul, all the work of the Sony, I just press a button ;)

The second is a standout to me, well composed with great lighting, and obviously a cracking view. I think black and white could work very well too. I'll catch up with your latest vlogs soon, your previous ones have been very amusing with great imagery

Just had a quick look at the video, only watched a couple of minutes worth but the "boom what a photo" bit and the driving in reverse made me chuckle! My sort of humour :) Will watch it all later and sub !

Have to agree, two absolutely stunning photographs and the rendering looks perfect.
The second is a standout to me, well composed with great lighting, and obviously a cracking view. I think black and white could work very well too. I'll catch up with your latest vlogs soon, your previous ones have been very amusing with great imagery
Just had a quick look at the video, only watched a couple of minutes worth but the "boom what a photo" bit and the driving in reverse made me chuckle! My sort of humour :) Will watch it all later and sub !
great photos! will watch videos tonight :)

Thanks guys :)

Wow! I've just discovered your work and its both inspiring and inspirational!

I've followed you on Flickr and you tube as I can't wait to see more of your work and catch up your vlog.

I love your mountain pics here... such clarity! I need to practice panos!

Wow! I've just discovered your work and its both inspiring and inspirational!

I've followed you on Flickr and you tube as I can't wait to see more of your work and catch up your vlog.

I love your mountain pics here... such clarity! I need to practice panos!

Thanks matey, hope you enjoy the vlog/s :)

The Valojet shot is a real dreamy one, well exposed and also well processed. Could be taken on an alien planet for all we know. Well, apart from knowing it's not from watching the (well produced and funny) videos.

...and here is Part Three - Switzerland (Jungfrau). Really struggled here and didn't come away with much (best pics are in the final part (part 4) out in a couple of weeks), but a great place to visit nonetheless.

And one of the images from this vlog, 'The White Spider'

The White Spider
by Greg Whitton, on Flickr

Back