The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

TT108140.jpg
Same exposure. Identical settings. The mimicking the graffiti was a p*** take which got a laugh out of them and ain't something I'd normally do as it's corny as hell, it's pretty evident that there is 2 people in the middle of the pathway there.

These are pre wedding shoots to build rappor with my customers and give them some nice images, not competition entries. I've also said before that posting photos to here takes a massive dump on the image for whatever reason.

Always good to get them laughing with the first few. We have a couple of things we do now at the start of every session just to get them warmed up :)

If I know I'll get away with it, I always shoot their tinder profile photos with nice individual portraits LOL Always gets a laugh with more relaxed couples

And like I say it looks fine in the version I have on my screen in front of me lol

Potatoe vision TP forum ain't the best place to view a photo ha. Also I don't recall asking for CC tbh.

But I can only comment what I can see, I can’t comment what I can’t see.

I take your word that it looks fine, but that’s all I can do when I can’t see it myself.

I’m not critiquing your photo, I’m telling you that they are lost in the colours, so that you are aware. Don’t get so defensive, you should be aware of these things IMO, it’s only good from your point of view that you know.

Last edited:
Always good to get them laughing with the first few. We have a couple of things we do now at the start of every session just to get them warmed up :)

Btw lad, loving your images lately you're killing it ! Keep up the great work

Ok Raymond. Here's a super crop of that image. Are they really lost in the colours!? Is it not pretty obvious whats going on in the photo ?
View attachment 135998

Brown on brown = lost in the colours.

They are both wearing black adds to it even more.

And they both have dark hairs.

He is wearing black trousers.

It’s like dark shades stacking on dark shades on top of more dark shades.

Am I lying?

Last edited:
Is it just me are you always involved in arguments on this?

I’m not arguing with you, I’m just stating what I can see. If you think it looks better than that’s fine. I’m sorry trying to tell you something I thought you should be aware of, didn’t know you will get so defensive!

Jesus H Christ.

Last edited:
Sometimes I'd like to take an axe to my printer, Epson R2880.

Keep thinking I'll treat myself to a new A3. What are you lot using?

For pictures?

Laser printer, that takes me back. When I used to fix stuff I fixed about a gazillion laser printers, it was usually paper handling and fixer unit faults. I remember one day I think I got about 18 fault reports on them, all in the same place. What Joy.

What sort of results do you get?

Last edited:
For pictures?

Laser printer, that takes me back. When I used to fix stuff I fixed about a gazillion laser printers, it was usually paper handling and fixer unit faults. I remember one day I think I got about 18 fault reports on them, all in the same place. What Joy.

What sort of results do you get?
I haven’t tried it yet for pictures,I bought it for my daughter for college work.

This was the first session we photographed using only Sony. http://biSPAM/belfast-engagement-session

I was thinking about the future mkIV's and wondering what new features and tech would come in... a global shutter may be predictable at some point but some things may be difficult to predict or we could have something that at first doesn't seem to be that earth shattering but proves to be a biggie later on, something the equivalent of txt messaging which at first was expected to be a little used feature but which came to be a big one. Direct posting to social media and features only now available on phones will doubtless come.

Face detect has really surprised me. I didn't bother with it until recently but now I see real benefit for people shots and I expect eye detect to be better and I'm sure that in the future this will get better and expand to animals and objects.

Who knows, we might even see something truly radical like a Sony 35mm f1.8.

I was thinking about the future mkIV's and wondering what new features and tech would come in... a global shutter may be predictable at some point but some things may be difficult to predict or we could have something that at first doesn't seem to be that earth shattering but proves to be a biggie later on, something the equivalent of txt messaging which at first was expected to be a little used feature but which came to be a big one. Direct posting to social media and features only now available on phones will doubtless come.

The most obvious change I'm expecting is the new EVF to be in the A7R and A9 while their current EVF ends up in the A7 but as I've said before I'm satisfied by these cameras on a technical level, where they fall short is on the usability side (ergonomics, touch screen, wifi app not being awful, articulating screen etc).

The most obvious change I'm expecting is the new EVF to be in the A7R and A9 while their current EVF ends up in the A7 but as I've said before I'm satisfied by these cameras on a technical level, where they fall short is on the usability side (ergonomics, touch screen, wifi app not being awful, articulating screen etc).

I'm quite satisfied with most things but a focus joystick and eye detect would be very nice and both are available with the newer models and of course a global shutter might be something... nice too.

I've just been thinking that some features and abilities might take us by surprise.

"f/2.8, post: 8281147, member: 65633"]This was the first session we photographed using only Sony. http://biSPAM/belfast-engagement-session

Very nice little set for them :) What lens/es?

The only 5D2 feature I still miss is the little joystick for selecting/moving AF points - but I've managed without it for about 3-4 years now :)

We were out early this morning & have just returned from Tintern Abbey..... Lovely :) But not quite autumnal colours yet....

Very nice little set for them :) What lens/es?

The only 5D2 feature I still miss is the little joystick for selecting/moving AF points - but I've managed without it for about 3-4 years now :)

We were out early this morning & have just returned from Tintern Abbey..... Lovely :) But not quite autumnal colours yet....

Sigma 35mm Art and an FE 85mm f/1.8

Loving shooting with this camera, feels so effortless. So many shots are in focus it does make me worry about culling the next wedding though!

View attachment 136091 View attachment 136090 View attachment 136091 View attachment 136092 View attachment 136093 View attachment 136094

I have only shot a couple of weddings and an engagement session so far with mine for work but already starting to take less images. You can really rely on everything being as it should be in terms of focus so you will likely find that you will end up shooting less as it will be one less thing to worry about and you won’t have as many images to cull as a result.

I have only shot a couple of weddings and an engagement session so far with mine for work but already starting to take less images. You can really rely on everything being as it should be in terms of focus so you will likely find that you will end up shooting less as it will be one less thing to worry about and you won’t have as many images to cull as a result.
Yeah I can see that for sure :)

I can of taking a little while to adjust though, going to try and stay concious of it next Saturday

Yeah I can see that for sure :)

I can of taking a little while to adjust though, going to try and stay concious of it next Saturday

Yeah there is a bit of a learning curve, setting the camera up to work best for you etc. won’t be long before everything becomes second nature. I have been using Nikon for over 15 years and only switched over in the last month and it already feels like second nature. :)

Yeah there is a bit of a learning curve, setting the camera up to work best for you etc. won’t be long before everything becomes second nature. I have been using Nikon for over 15 years and only switched over in the last month and it already feels like second nature. :)

I'll have adjusted by next season, I can just see me massively overshooting the last 2 weddings of this year while I get out of old habits :)

What’s cheapest charger these days? Forgot the one I was using was my mates which I have now sold DOH!!!!

Back