The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

The rumor site reports that Sony will add a top lcd to future models if customers want it.

Who wants one?

I couldn't give a flying. I haven't had one since my Canon days and I don't miss them.

If they're going to do something with the display I'd rather it'd be they actually got touch screen operation properly implemented than adding another one.

If they're going to do something with the display I'd rather it'd be they actually got touch screen operation properly implemented than adding another one.

Glad I stuck to using only oem batteries.

In the comments section of the rumours site somebody says " I do have original batteries - but the Meike Grip (and I love that grip due to the included remote etc.)... If only a firmware downgrade would be possible in such cases..."

Wonder if that means there is issue with third party grips as well? :eek:

I actually think I like the 1 dial - but stacked like the D750.

31390051728_1ce3a1037b_z.jpg

Bought yesterday from Wex "opened box used", good saving on new, it's in mint condition.
Somewhat weird twist to this, just got an email from Wex saying that the new one is now in stock! Wex have agreed to take the used one back and credit me for the full amount against the new one. My wife thinks I'm nuts but there you go, can't argue with that!

Somewhat weird twist to this, just got an email from Wex saying that the new one is now in stock! Wex have agreed to take the used one back and credit me for the full amount against the new one. My wife thinks I'm nuts but there you go, can't argue with that!

So they are giving you a new one at OB cost?

Nikon changed the mount because they had to reduce the flange distance. Once you remove the mirror there is no real benefit in having such a large flange.
And while they were at it they felt that a large mount diameter was a good thing. Canon obviously felt the same since they made yet another mount!
:eek::p

So they are giving you a new one at OB cost?
No they will credit him OB price

They'll credit me with the amount I paid for the used lens and I'll pay full amount for the new one. I weighed it all up and decided that as I would get the extra 2 years Sigma warranty I'd go for the new one.

So they got more money from you for the same thing? cool ... :p just kidding, the extra warranty might end up being worth it

I'm almost done spending. Was hoping for an A7SIII soon but looks like it's been put on hold :runaway:

I got a fair bit to spend on yet, which doesn't include going to Dubai, finishing the internal and external home improvements including a full garage conversion......

LG C8 65" OLED Screen
Samsung HW-N950 Atmos Soundbar
Sony X700 UHD 4K Blu-ray Player

Apple MacBook Pro OR iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 + loads of accessories
4K Monitors
Apple Watch 4
Apple TV 4K

Sony FE 24mm f1.4 GM
Sony FE 50mm f1.4 GM
Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM
Sony A9 II

:D lol

Last edited:
@Raymond Lin
@F/1.4

Your spending is making me what to run out and buy something too...... :D
Still no sign of my Sony 24mm f1.4 GM yet :(

The MBP is overdue, I meant to get a new one a year ago, and I could have put it off for another if not because Adobe basically won't run on its current hardware (Core2Duo) so it means my Sony bodies' RAW files can't be edited...making it useless as a laptop.

The 24mm I ordered because a few weddings ago I was using the 24L adapted in marginally low light and it was hunting, and hunting and I thought sod it.

I originally only planned to get the 105/1.4 this period before Christmas, but that is out the window and that's more a want than a need.

I got a fair bit to spend on yet, which doesn't include going Dubai, finishing the internal and external home improvements including a full garage conversion......

LG C8 65" OLED Screen
Samsung HW-N950 Atmos Soundbar
Sony X700 UHD 4K Blu-ray Player

Apple MacBook Pro OR iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 + loads of accessories
4K Monitors
Apple Watch 4
Apple TV 4K

Sony FE 24mm f1.4 GM
Sony FE 50mm f1.4 GM
Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM
Sony A9 II

:D lol

I've the 55C6 OLED and the K950 atmos bar. Incredible setup

The MBP is overdue, I meant to get a new one a year ago, and I could have put it off for another if not because Adobe basically won't run on its current hardware (Core2Duo) so it means my Sony bodies' RAW files can't be edited...making it useless as a laptop.

The 24mm I ordered because a few weddings ago I was using the 24L adapted in marginally low light and it was hunting, and hunting and I thought sod it.

I originally only planned to get the 105/1.4 this period before Christmas, but that is out the window and that's more a want than a need.

I have been putting off buying a MacBook Pro for the last 2 - 3 years :eek:
I am still running a MacBook Pro 2010 i5 2.4Ghz 8GB RAM unit which has been fantastic...... :)
However I am looking to go down the iPad Pro route instead...... :eek:

I have been putting off buying a MacBook Pro for the last 2 - 3 years :eek:
I am still running a MacBook Pro 2010 i5 2.4Ghz 8GB RAM unit which has been fantastic...... :)
However I am looking to go down the iPad Pro route instead...... :eek:

Mine was base model, lowest one at the time. 2010 too, but Core2Duo.

I've given up on the iPad long time ago, found the MBP more productive both on the go and home, I also use the MBP to design my wedding albums too, sometimes I need to take it with me to meet clients to go over the designs and the software is desktop only.

unzaKSc.jpg

hkApHpG.jpg

Last edited:
Dimensions Approx. 91.4 x 114.9 mm Weight 1130 g
:)

Last edited:
Dimensions Approx. 91.4 x 114.9 mm Weight 1130 g
:)

Not that much heavier than the Nikon 105 then.

Only thing I'm potentially lacking now is something longer than 85.

And maybe wider than 25..

We'll see.

Wedding tomorrow :)

Your not helping :) the only thing slightly putting me of us the size and the fact I was you going to use some credit that I have with WEX but they don't have any in stock.

It's not that big imo. Same as other 35 1.4. I've also owned the samyang and Zeiss 1.4s.

Back