The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

My cheap one :D

CnD4wDX.jpg

Just to keep things going.

I don't think I posted this at the time I took it. I nearly deleted it but I kept it and now I sort of like it. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f5.

MLahHIu.jpg

Cheers mate, believe it or not she is actually running full pelt here chasing a ball. The magic of animal eye a.f and the Sony A9.

Which lens

Anyone using a wrist strap on their Sony? I'm going out with just a prime but still want something to keep camera secure
Peak design for me too.

As the Tamron 70-180mm doesn’t come with a tripod collar is there an alternative device to help rotate 90 degrees into the portrait orientation when using a monopod? I have a ball head with 90 degree option but it’s not ideal as it shifts the centre of gravity over. Is an L-bracket the only other option?

Last edited:
Guys,

I don't think we can have too many dog pictures, or too many of any cute animal pictures.

Thanks, that was my thoughts it’d have to be an L bracket. Trouble is all my tripod ‘clamps’ are RC2 and not arca and it’d be quite cumbersome having tripod plates on the bracket. I’ll have to swap out my clamps.

Yup this the only let down on the tammy pls the external extending.. This making me think of getting the sony F4 as seen some at good prices used..

Thanks, that was my thoughts it’d have to be an L bracket. Trouble is all my tripod ‘clamps’ are RC2 and not arca and it’d be quite cumbersome having tripod plates on the bracket. I’ll have to swap out my clamps.

Try Kirk, 3 legged thing and Sunwayfoto, perhaps their L brackets are compatible.

Yup this the only let down on the tammy pls the external extending.. This making me think of getting the sony F4 as seen some at good prices used..
TBH I keep thinking the same, but then for the number of times I’d want it in portrait orientation it’s not that big a deal. I did look at the 70-200mm f2.8 again this morning but I know I’d regret having the weight ;)
Try Kirk, 3 legged thing and Sunwayfoto, perhaps their L brackets are compatible.
TBH it’s not that big a deal to swap the clamps (y)

TBH I keep thinking the same, but then for the number of times I’d want it in portrait orientation it’s not that big a deal. I did look at the 70-200mm f2.8 again this morning but I know I’d regret having the weight ;)
TBH it’s not that big a deal to swap the clamps (y)

Get the Tamron.

for some reason I thought you had the f4. Or was that with the A7III?

for some reason I thought you had the f4. Or was that with the A7III?

Had one when I had a7iii yup likes it very much might get it again but keep thinking do I need 2.8 or wether get the 100-400

That looks good to me so much so that I thought I'd check evil bay to see how much they go for but sadly there's only one showing and it's in Japan.

Actually there are a lot of 70-210mm AF lenses, is yours AF or MF?

Last edited:
Had one when I had a7iii yup likes it very much might get it again but keep thinking do I need 2.8 or wether get the 100-400
So you're looking at getting either a 70-200/70-180mm or 100-400mm and not both?

So you're looking at getting either a 70-200/70-180mm or 100-400mm and not both?

Would like both but which to get first is what bothering me. Also not being able go out is another thing

Would like both but which to get first is what bothering me. Also not being able go out is another thing
What would you shoot with each one?

What would you shoot with each one?

Well I suppose I could do it all with the 100-400. Taking shots of moon and things from my garden that at distance since we can go far lol but mainly zoo, wildlife and moon. Suppose I could use it for portrait at 100 since it not far off from f4.

On the other hand I did though about

70-180 tamron and Sony 200-600

But seen the IQ from the 100-400 is better than 200-600

Well I suppose I could do it all with the 100-400. Taking shots of moon and things from my garden that at distance since we can go far lol but mainly zoo, wildlife and moon. Suppose I could use it for portrait at 100 since it not far off from f4.
100-400’s a better choice than the 70-180mm for these situations then imo.

100-400’s a better choice than the 70-180mm for these situations then imo.
Don’t know how much difference it makes but the 100-400mm is a G Master whereas the 200-600mm is ’only’ a G.

Back