The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Do you feel a little regret after selling it? If I had an A9 I think I'd keep it until fell apart.

Good time to sell on there! Went for £2250 so pleased with that!

Yeah must be, was a bit surprised when I woke up this morning and seen all my stuff had gone. Some guy bought 3 things to be fair.

Some of the stuff was sold for more than I paid for it as well.

Yeah must be, was a bit surprised when I woke up this morning and seen all my stuff had gone. Some guy bought 3 things to be fair.

Some of the stuff was sold for more than I paid for it as well.

I find putting up good photos of your gear really helps selling it for a slightly higher price.

Ordered 4 of those RavPower batteries and one extra Sony original. I can live with the warning message on the 3rd parties, Need to have enough battery power to last an average 9 hour shoot with 2~3K shots without having to worry about recharging.

I find putting up good photos of your gear really helps selling it for a slightly higher price.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense when selling stuff any place. Although for the stuff I sold last night I din't even bother just used the app and took a few quick photos with my phone.

Ordered 4 of those RavPower batteries and one extra Sony original. I can live with the warning message on the 3rd parties, Need to have enough battery power to last an average 9 hour shoot with 2~3K shots without having to worry about recharging.

One battery should do that fine.

At a wedding I can usually get about 10 hours and 2-3k shots from one battery on the A9 although I use the screen a lot the evf leaches battery quite heavily.

Last edited:
One battery should do that fine.

At a wedding I can usually get about 10 hours and 2-3k shots from one battery on the A9 although I use the screen a lot the evf leaches battery quite heavily.

That's good to know. But as you may have guessed, I'm paranoid about lack of power, and as it's sports, I'm often stuck in one spot. And I may have mentioned previously, I shot circa 8k one day. That was a long one, but planning to do more of the same forward too.

UudjyrZ.jpg

I don't know what to say, but she's smiling.

Guys. This was taken with a 35mm. To get the whole ruler in I'd have needed a much wider lens.

They are, but struggle with the A7III and 24-105. I imagine that's perfect with the little Sammy.

Yeah no good with larger, heavier lenses, works grand with the 90mm macro which is what I bought for, although I sort of expected it to be too heavy but its spot on.

With the legs folded in, it is handy to use as a grip for video as well.

Best tenner I have spent in ages.

Yeah no good with larger, heavier lenses, works grand with the 90mm macro which is what I bought for, although I sort of expected it to be too heavy but its spot on.

With the legs folded in, it is handy to use as a grip for video as well.

Best tenner I have spent in ages.
Where did you buy it from?

The dreadful noise i make with my guitar should never be heard by anyone .
Rob.

A couple of pics in the garden with my new 28-75 - be nice to have a lens that focuses a bit closer :)

The raynox 250 close up filter is quite cheap, well they were when I had one years ago, it worked quite well. Or you could pick up a cheap set of extension tubes from eBay/Amazon for about £20-£30.

Oh, I forgot!

I got something exciting recently! I got a 49-67mm step up ring :D

I've got a bag full of rings but I didn't have one of these and as I have more 49mm thread lenses than any other this will let me use just one step up ring with more lenses and make using my square filters which have several rings including 67mm easier.

Back