The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I take it the first picture is of a red panda, it's super cute.
Love the last picture too and the processing. Works very well.
Thanks, yes it's a Red Panda. I think the last is the first B&W I've been happy with.

I didn't realise just how much of a beast the 135 is! The 85GM is big enough.

Really want to get out and shoot something, but it's chucking it down all weekend :(

Scotland next weekend though for a wedding, which should be great fun

I didn't realise just how much of a beast the 135 is! The 85GM is big enough.

Really want to get out and shoot something, but it's chucking it down all weekend :(

Scotland next weekend though for a wedding, which should be great fun

I don’t use my 135 at weddings but still bring it along on the off chance I will need something longer than my 85 at some point. I have been using it quite a lot recently for family portrait sessions and it’s superb for that and I am flat out today with holy communions were it will get used a lot.

I don’t use my 135 at weddings but still bring it along on the off chance I will need something longer than my 85 at some point. I have been using it quite a lot recently for family portrait sessions and it’s superb for that and I am flat out today with holy communions were it will get used a lot.

My next wedding has 4 people, and wanted it for the portraits :)

But yep, mainly going to be a family lens, and bigger venues (or small venues with grumpy vicars who make you stand miles away)

WoWzA.

Wot was I saying about Sony and Voigtlander and others ignoring 28mm and there not being a top end Sony mount 28mm?

I didn't know this was rumoured so I was surprised to see this.

Who wants one?

I wonder if they'll redo the existing 35mm f1.8 and do a 50mm f1.8?

Last edited:
I've been saying there's a gap in the line up for a while so it's nice to see this on the way. This might wake Voigtlander up too.

It's interesting to read the comments, people saying the existing f2 is garbage, it isn't.

Last edited:
I've been saying there's a gap in the line up for a while so it's nice to see this on the way. This might wake Voigtlander up too.

It's interesting to read the comments, people saying the existing f2 is garbage, it isn't.

The existing one is small with a 49mm filter thread!
new one is larger, 67mm filter thread, G-len and probably costs at least twice as much.
Its no surprise if its better!

The existing one is small with a 49mm filter thread!
new one is larger, 67mm filter thread, G-len and probably costs at least twice as much.
Its no surprise if its better!

I think the f2 is a good lens. There's some distortion and vignetting, the corners aren't excellent if you pixel peep and there's some fringing/ca or whatever the correct term is. But. It's small and light, fast to focus and sharp enough from wide open anywhere you'd put a main subject, bokeh is also IMO ok.

I can see why people would want a better one, a top end lens, but for many people I think the f2 is very probably easily good enough. I can see the attraction in a better build higher end lens with an aperture ring though and I think this will sell well.

If Sigma and Sony don't hurry up with a new 70-200mm f2.8 I'm going to have to go for the Tamron 70-180mm as I got tickets for two motorsports events for my Birthday and I'm not wasting money renting again ;)

if you just needed help finding one in stock you should have asked ;)

Thanks. That was an expensive couple minutes.

Just checked how much I shoot 50mm <5% Having second thoughts now.

If Sigma and Sony don't hurry up with a new 70-200mm f2.8 I'm going to have to go for the Tamron 70-180mm as I got tickets for two motorsports events for my Birthday and I'm not wasting money renting again ;)

May I ask whats wrong with the present Sony 70-200mm f2.8, I have one and I love it :)

Les

Oh dear...

People are saying the rumoured 28mm f1.8 is photoshopped, something to do with the positioning of letters and some possibly being lifted from existing lenses, resized and pasted on distorted. If true I do wonder who'd bother to do this.

Time will tell if it's real or not.

Back