The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

@addicknchips yeah I hadn't long bought the 5dsr its only done under 100 actuations lol the 70-300 is one I haven't tried yet when I get time I will though ;-)

yeah the sigma is similar its ok in some occasions cant match native and obv very weight for the body its ok for emergency use but would always be stuck on 5dsr or 6d for me

@addicknchips yeah I hadn't long bought the 5dsr its only done under 100 actuations lol the 70-300 is one I haven't tried yet when I get time I will though ;-)

yeah the sigma is similar its ok in some occasions cant match native and obv very weight for the body its ok for emergency use but would always be stuck on 5dsr or 6d for me

Getting your monies worth from it then lol

Well tbh that's an incredible lens and camera line up you have. Must admit I had a sneaky look at the 5dsr on panamoz..

yep yet to take advantage of the 5dsr yet got it a week before xmas and then got the sony stuff just after the sony for me is easier to grab quickly and take out 5dsr maybe the main cam for weddings but cant really comment until I test this weekend.. a few local togs I know use a7rii for weddings with just the 55mm and a 28mm f2 so cant see why I cant use mine lol

I suspect it won't be too long until we start seeing native Sigma Art lenses for the FE mount ;)

I suppose it depends on it being worth the effort for Sigma. I wonder how well the cameras are selling? Apparently Sony market share is down but profits are up. Not too sure what that means for the A7 series.

i must admit there cares were all quite High priced compared to the rest of the world, when they dropped the RX10II and RX100MK4 their prices were a joke compared to the Old versions, That RX10II was twice as much as the Better FZ1000.. think they need to wind there knocks in a little. Glad i managed to get the R2 for 1999.99

yep yet to take advantage of the 5dsr yet got it a week before xmas and then got the sony stuff just after the sony for me is easier to grab quickly and take out 5dsr maybe the main cam for weddings but cant really comment until I test this weekend.. a few local togs I know use a7rii for weddings with just the 55mm and a 28mm f2 so cant see why I cant use mine lol

Which Canon body did you use for weddings before getting the 5DSR/A7's? Will be an interesting comparison of your workflow.

Yep I'm confident I got them in the off period to practice etc I'm really happy with the... done a few paid portrait sessions no worries with them the dr is amazing

I'm pretty sure even with native glass you can take pics that are out of focus lets be honest ......

I'm not a sports shooter tbh if I was I wouldn't buy one of these would of got a 1dx or similar I'm a portrait/wedding guy obv for my needs no worries can appreciate sports etc is different .... but surely from my limited knowledge of taking football photos technique also plays a massive part

I'm not a sports shooter tbh if I was I wouldn't buy one of these would of got a 1dx or similar I'm a portrait/wedding guy obv for my needs no worries can appreciate sports etc is different .... but surely from my limited knowledge of taking football photos technique also plays a massive part

Sure. For me this is part of the reason why I wouldnt give up my DSLR for an A7rii. I need the best AF for moving people, it doesnt make sense for me to spend £2000 body only then a £300 adapter and a £550 35mm 1.4 ART when I have something that works better for me for far less money and isnt a compromise, it just works ... as much fun as new toys are. As much as the gas is there I just need to slap myself around the head sometimes to realise what I currently use is best for me as its tried and tested by me.

Last edited:
Sure. For me this is part of the reason why I wouldnt give up my DSLR for an A7rii. I need the best AF for moving people, it doesnt make sense for me to spend £2000 body only then a £300 adapter and a £550 35mm 1.4 ART when I have something that works better for me for far less money and isnt a compromise, it just works ... as much fun as new toys are. As much as the gas is there I just need to slap myself around the head sometimes to realise what I currently use is best for me as its tried and tested by me.
yep agreed mate have the 5dsr also not sure if that's any good with sports either lol I'm sure my technique would be awful99% of the time would be me missing the shots not the camera lol

yep agreed mate have the 5dsr also not sure if that's any good with sports either lol I'm sure my technique would be awful99% of the time would be me missing the shots not the camera lol

AF seems very good in the 5ds/r.

It's decent for sport but the buffer rate will screw on u though. 5d3 is better and faster

yeah for portraits it is quicker than the a7rii with canon lenses not much in it tbh

If only the 5d3 had good Dr

It's decent for sport but the buffer rate will screw on u though. 5d3 is better and faster

Depends on how you shoot, dont have to always gun it, quick bursts it should cope. the A7rii is even worse.

DR depends on how you shoot, I quite like abusing my files in post to achieve a look so I need good DR. A lot of people wouldnt notice though.

Wonder when we'll ever hear about the A6100, seems a bit like the much fabled D400, lots of opinions and rumours but nothing yet. I think this is what a lot of Sony shooters are waiting for, not everyone can afford to buy into FE or even want to. Hopefully they also launch some new lenses at the same time.

I have seen so many diff specs for it I'm not sure what its going to be lol

Back