The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

A reprocessed with PS2023 picture taken with A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f1.4.

JlLo1uu.jpg

Very tempting. I wonder why it's cheap.

I've probably asked this before but I can't remember.

Can you include ISO's lower than 100 in auto ISO on later bodies?

With my A7 I can't so I have to remember to switch to ISO 50 manually if hitting the max shutter speed.

Oh and that's another thing. I hope Sony include higher ISO settings on future cameras even if only with the electronic shutter.
I haven't find a way to do it on the A9ii or A1, still have to manually select ISO 50 and 64
Not a scenario that I've ever had happen to me though I don't think, so not something I worry about or take notice of.
I often run into issues doing slow shutter pans at race tracks as I'm wanting to shoot as wide open as possible to 'hide' the catch fencing, even with a 4 stop ND I find that I need ISO 50.

I haven't find a way to do it on the A9ii or A1, still have to manually select ISO 50 and 64

Hopefully by the time my A7 gives up there'll be a fix for this one way or another but one thing I don't want to do is to use ND's. Looking at the file info for the Psyoptic pictures some were taken with possibly too slow a shutter speed as I'd forgotten I was on ISO 50 but changing ISO's is still preferable to fitting and removing ND's.

Not once have I ever been charged for delivery from LCE for any used lens or body.
Apparently DPD charge more for delivery to N.I that’s why they couldn’t do free delivery.

Can’t complain too much MPB charge £2299 for a used A7IV which is ridiculous. They only offer £1600 as a trade in.

Last edited:
Just call them up and remind them their website says free delivery on orders over £100.
They have never charged me for delivery. So must be a mistake
Already queried with them before I paid. Have to charge for N.I, Highland Island etc apparently. Not gonna worry about a tenner. WEX will give me more than I paid in cash or as a trade in

Last edited:
I thought this has been rumoured for a while so I'm surprised it's now a wild rumour. I'd really like a 200-400mm f4, well I'd really like a 100-400mm f4 but I think that'd be too heavy.

I think the wild bit could be the timeline as it was originally rumoured for early 2024 not May 2023.

Whats up with LCE prices?

This is the camera I bought yesterday, was described as excellent condition.

1.JPG

This is the A7IV they are advertising today which is only described as good condition

2.JPG

Different branches...each manager must have huge say in pricing.
Yes indeed. At my "usual" branch I get some preferential rates on both used and new items. Sometimes works out cheaper than grey imports or very close to it.

Currently wondering if I should buy the Sony 20-70mm. Can get it for less than panamoz price (thanks to cashback etc) but not as cheap as e-infin.
Or may be I should hold out for a used one.

Yes indeed. At my "usual" branch I get some preferential rates on both used and new items. Sometimes works out cheaper than grey imports or very close to it.

Currently wondering if I should buy the Sony 20-70mm. Can get it for less than panamoz price (thanks to cashback etc) but not as cheap as e-infin.
Or may be I should hold out for a used one.
I’m still waiting for the price to drop on the 20-70mm but I will get one at some point. Cotswolds have it for £1049 but that’s still too much imo.

They have an A7III today which looks cheap at £849.99. 92k shots.

I'm sort of tempted to a new camera, not necessarily that one just a newer one but my A7 is still going strong :D

If you had put a penny in a jar everytime you've said this, I'm sure you'd have enough to buy an A1 by now :ROFLMAO:

I can get as carried away with gas as anyone else but my interest is mainly in lenses and of course before spending a large amount of money I remind myself that I don't get much time or opportunity for photography so what's the point in spending a large amount on new kit? A cheap lens is easy to justify as I enjoy the research and testing it etc but anything more than that starts to look a bit questionable and I usually decide not to bother.

I’m still waiting for the price to drop on the 20-70mm but I will get one at some point. Cotswolds have it for £1049 but that’s still too much imo.
E-infin are as low as £969. But I avoid grey imports and e-infin even more.

That's the thing can buy now and have the enjoyment of using it or wait and get it cheaper. The question is do we need it now

E-infin are as low as £969. But I avoid grey imports and e-infin even more.

That's the thing can buy now and have the enjoyment of using it or wait and get it cheaper. The question is do we need it now
I've never bought from e-infin and don't like the idea that warranty work is done back in Hong Kong, I think I might have pulled the trigger if Panamoz or Cotswolds could match their price.

I don't need it, I have the 24-70mm f4 I'm happy with, and the 16-35mm f4 I'm happy with. The reason for wanting the 20-70mm is that I'm always wondering which lens to take out for general walkabouts/dog walks but if I had the 20-70mm that'd be used primarily and the 16-35mm would be kept for specific landscape shooting.

Only use E-infin twice, once with the 90mm Macro and the other the Fuji battery for the X100.

Delivery took a while, vs Panamoz or Digital Rev but it arrived.

I have used e-infin a few times never really been 100% happy with them. Delivery takes a long while compared to everywhere else and have caught them out a few times telling outright lies which was dead annoying.

I know a few people that have lots of issues when they have had a fault etc and they haven't been great.

Even the whole dodgy thing of having to do their multi click trick if you want to pay by paypal just screams iffy.

A7IV just arrived from LCE very happy.

I kind of expected that something might be a miss with cheap price etc.

Camera is exactly as described same as a brand new one. Shutter count was correct as well.
Congrats. hope you get good use of it.
I have never had problems with LCE and if something is amiss they'll pick it up for free and refund with no hassle.

I thought something was amiss with my gear today, it wouldn’t focus, AF-ON button just did nothing, after a bit of faffing with settings I realised one of my fingers had strayed onto the AF lock button on the lens :headbang: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve never done this before, but I think I’ll turn the buttons off (if I can) as I don’t use them anyway.

Congrats. hope you get good use of it.
I have never had problems with LCE and if something is amiss they'll pick it up for free and refund with no hassle.

I am not a huge fan of the A7IV but will tide us over until we can swop out our A9's for something fresh. We recently got rid of our A9II as it seemed a sensible time to do so while it still had some value and our A7III's went a while ago. That leaves us with 2 x A9, 1 x A7RIVa and 3 X A7IV.

Its only the second time I have ordered from LCE and it was great to be fair will deffo look at them again next time I need something.

Last edited:
I’ve never had an issue with MPB, always been as described, but then I never buy less than “like new”

I think a lot of the bad press MPB is getting these days is down to the ridiculous mark ups they now have. For example they will give £1600 for an as new A7IV then sell for £2299.00 that's one hell of a mark up. Especially when you consider that the A7IV is now realistically a 2000-2100 body new with the constant cash back offers etc.

What they offer for buying an A1 versus what they sell for is an absolute disgrace.

MPB now seem to have a policy of offering to buy at two thirds of whatever the price is grey, then deducting only a small amount of the U.K price when they sell.

Last edited:
Going back to my earlier 70-200 posts, I managed to pick up a 70-200 f4 in very good condition but minus a tripod collar for £600 - at that price I thought it worth a try, though I suspect it’ll ultimately be a stop gap until I can afford/justify a 70-200 GMii!

Looking forward to having a play with it this weekend.

Can someone remind me what the "A" means on the end of an A7 mode number? Like A7RIIIA?

I thought something was amiss with my gear today, it wouldn’t focus, AF-ON button just did nothing, after a bit of faffing with settings I realised one of my fingers had strayed onto the AF lock button on the lens :headbang: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve never done this before, but I think I’ll turn the buttons off (if I can) as I don’t use them anyway.
All the gear no idea :ROFLMAO: :p

Back