The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

funny you say that lol I had a rainy one published last year ill dig it out lol ;-)

Does anyone take photos here?

I've posted a few over the time this thread has been going... but this is a primarily a gear thread in a part of the site devoted to gear so it's no real surprise that people don't flood it with pictures as there are threads for that and personally I think that the picture posting should be mainly gear related... as in to show the capabilities of the gear such as a new body or lens or technique and not just endless shots that aren't strictly gear related.

But I do like looking at pictures just for the sake of it too :D even if they're taken in the rain. Like this one.

Last edited:
Looking at the weather forecast for sunset today here in Cornwall, it may be quite nice (as we all know how reliable weather forecasts are ;))

Hoping to finally get a chance to try out the 16-35 after buying it nearly 2 weeks ago (have been moving house as well).

Fingers are crossed.....

Lucky guy having all that scenery on your doorstep

Lucky guy having all that scenery on your doorstep

Yeah it is nice to have so much choice so close :)

Where I've just moved to I'm 10 mins from the North and South coasts and have a fantastic, far reaching view of the hills and countryside from my house (need to get a longer lens very soon I think).

Really hoping it brightens up over the next few hours but think I'm going to get out anyway. Thinking Wheal Coates near St Agnes for sunset.

Just went for a walk around the block to test out the canon 85 1.2 Lii on the a7rii. Just got home and seen that I've taken a chip out of the top left of the lcd screen :mad:
Got a nice shot of a flower though, so every cloud...

Just went for a walk around the block to test out the canon 85 1.2 Lii on the a7rii. Just got home and seen that I've taken a chip out of the top left of the lcd screen :mad:
Got a nice shot of a flower though, so every cloud...
:-(

fantastic news. took the lcd screen protector off the camera to see the real extent of the damage. nothing. the screen protector is one of those thick tempered glass jobs. it was that which had cracked and chipped away.
now i must order a few more as that did an excellent job!
@chrism_scotland this screen protector came in the box of the a7ii i bought off you last year. any idea where you got it? was it an official sony one?

had a nice time with the canon 85mm 1.2 on the a7rii today
20160417-DSC09425 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

fantastic news. took the lcd screen protector off the camera to see the real extent of the damage. nothing. the screen protector is one of those thick tempered glass jobs. it was that which had cracked and chipped away.
@chrism_scotland this screen protector came in the box of the a7ii i bought off you last year. any idea where you got it? was it an official sony one?

I would say that was a great photo, but you didn't buy my camera, so it sucks.
;)

@owenb sorry been catching up on the threads, last i saw youd got the 645Z, now i read your sending it back due to you being p***ed a lot/ i mean wobbly :)

SO what are you gonna use, do you still have the A7RII or is that what you PX it for, whats the plan.......
I nearly bought the G Lens but after seeing the issues AGAIN!!!!! I'm holding back and seriously considering Canon glass again....

Guys i noticed yesterday i had Vignetting on my 24-70 F4, i wasn't using the hood and only had a 60 quid Hoya Pro UV filter on. could it have been the filter ? well its all i can think it could be

any ideas ?

@owenb sorry been catching up on the threads, last i saw youd got the 645Z, now i read your sending it back due to you being p***ed a lot/ i mean wobbly :)

SO what are you gonna use, do you still have the A7RII or is that what you PX it for, whats the plan.......
I nearly bought the G Lens but after seeing the issues AGAIN!!!!! I'm holding back and seriously considering Canon glass again....

lol @ lots happened little ted lol ..... basically as I shake a lot sue to my leg I didn't get on with the 645z so it went back.... I had sold virtually all my gear apart from 6 lenses for can and 2 primes for the sony a7ii ... also kept the a7ii body..... SO>...... I am waiting for the 1dx2 for my sports stuff .... I have kept my a7ii with primes etc as the wife uses it alongside her a7sii.... I have bought several Nikon lenses and a d800 of here as a stopgap until I decide whats next lol.... get all that? pmsl

lol @ lots happened little ted lol ..... basically as I shake a lot sue to my leg I didn't get on with the 645z so it went back.... I had sold virtually all my gear apart from 6 lenses for can and 2 primes for the sony a7ii ... also kept the a7ii body..... SO>...... I am waiting for the 1dx2 for my sports stuff .... I have kept my a7ii with primes etc as the wife uses it alongside her a7sii.... I have bought several Nikon lenses and a d800 of here as a stopgap until I decide whats next lol.... get all that? pmsl

Let me know when you want to sell the a7ii

let me know how you get on with the D800 i tried my Dads d800E and a none VR 24/70 and it was hell on earth. couldn't get anything sharp at all, and at night well i may as well have been dancing it was that bad. I presume with VR it wont do that, but my oh my did it annoy me, i nearly bought a D810 till id used that thing......

Still fancy a D750 though in fact theres quite a few things i fancy.... I'm still sat on the fence as to if i should but the 600mm sigma sport or plump for 70-200 F4 and a second hand 100-400 Canon

CRacking shot,one for the wall that 1

let me know how you get on with the D800 i tried my Dads d800E and a none VR 24/70 and it was hell on earth. couldn't get anything sharp at all, and at night well i may as well have been dancing it was that bad. I presume with VR it wont do that, but my oh my did it annoy me, i nearly bought a D810 till id used that thing......

Still fancy a D750 though in fact theres quite a few things i fancy.... I'm still sat on the fence as to if i should but the 600mm sigma sport or plump for 70-200 F4 and a second hand 100-400 Canon
yep will do I had a test int he shop of one and checked the files to see what I was like with it and was super sharp .. unlike the pentax lol..... imho 2 lenses are better than one ;-)

Back