The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Yeah, I already actually have the 21mm, would just sell that. Would get the Zuiko though, wouldn't get any other. They come up at around £100 and review very well :)

Not sure if it helps, but i have a couple of manual Zuiko 28mm & 135mm lenses, as well as the kit Sony FE 28-70, all which i've been meaning to sell, but never got down to doing! Let me know if you're interested and i'll put a for sale page up! :)

If you don't like it then you can always sell up and move entirely to Nikon, Canon, Fuji etc.
Nothing is perfect and it never will be, perfection is a illusion just like the notion of control.

I never said I like them either :p

So where did I say certain brand is perfect. I just happen to dislike Sony the the least :D

Last edited:
Not sure if it helps, but i have a couple of manual Zuiko 28mm & 135mm lenses, as well as the kit Sony FE 28-70, all which i've been meaning to sell, but never got down to doing! Let me know if you're interested and i'll put a for sale page up! :)
Might be interested in that 28-70 kit lens. But depends on price.

I never said I like them either :p

So where did I say certain brand is perfect. I just happen to dislike Sony the the least :D

Personally if I disliked a brand as much as you say and I knew it wasn't up to the task I'd look elsewhere or buy a Sony body which fits your requirements. :D

Personally if I disliked a brand as much as you say and I knew it wasn't up to the task I'd look elsewhere or buy a Sony body which fits your requirements. :D

I don't like any of them :D

By that logic I shouldn't own a camera :p

I shoot whatever I can put up with for my needs.

Well I had a shocker the other day when I compared an Olympus MFT 16mp against a Sony 24mp FF file. Its either I compared a pretty poor Oly 12-40 or it was a excellent Sony kit lens

Also while I don't care for brands, I am a EVF fanboi :D

Kinda makes DSLRs not an option... I was shooting with Sony SLT bodies long before e-mount. So I kinda feel it's the best thing after sliced bread :D

I might be interested in that 135mm actually, depending on the price and condition.

I already have the kit lens and don't need 28mm :)

Dislikes them the least. Meaning dislikes the other brands more.

It's not that I dislike brands per say, it's just list of things that work well for me and those that don't. Sony just happens have the smallest cons list for my use cases.

All this tech stuff and whinges.... Isn't it time for some gear related pictures? Maybe something showing the capability of the kit and including technical details such as camera and lens type and settings?

It's pouring down here and the Mrs is refusing to go out so there's little chance of photography for me.

Pic from today's photo shoot using a7r2 and 85L. Manual focus I think
acf1d102c54dfdb2d19ee049fe711031.jpg

Excellent results and interesting compositions too. We're going back to Florida again in 6 weeks and I can't wait! Last time I took my A6000 so I'm looking forward to using the A7 this time.
Thanks Steve, given that they are subjects that have photographed so many times, all holiday I was trying to find different views to what I had seen previously.

Are you going to Disney? If so the Pandora section of AK is worth a visit after dark.

Thanks Steve, given that they are subjects that have photographed so many times, all holiday I was trying to find different views to what I had seen previously.

Are you going to Disney? If so the Pandora section of AK is worth a visit after dark.

Exactly, it's always a challenge getting something that 10 million people haven't shot before! Yeah, we're doing Disney and Universal again. We last went in 2015 so Pandora was only just being started. We've got evening fast passes booked for the Flight of Passage do I can't wait to see it after dark [emoji1303]

Exactly, it's always a challenge getting something that 10 million people haven't shot before! Yeah, we're doing Disney and Universal again. We last went in 2015 so Pandora was only just being started. We've got evening fast passes booked for the Flight of Passage do I can't wait to see it after dark [emoji1303]

The Na'avi River is also worth a visit. The If you want to take photos either a fast wide angle or small tripod will be needed, I was regularly up at about 12800 with the 16-35mm f4.

Particularly like the second Stuart, it looks so calm and tranquil (y)

For some reason the first looks generally a bit on the soft side. Although the composition and colours are lovely and warm

Cheers Chris, the softness in the 1st one may be due to the 5 second shutter and some minimal movement in the boats.
Maybe it is difraction from shooting at f16.

Love these
Cheers!

Last edited:
Back