The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I used it briefly and it was extremely impressive.
Still, at it’s price point I think it’s still in a bit of a niche market and the a7riii which has far superior image quality and decent enough focus is a really good option.
I didn't want another 42mp camera (already have a7rII. It was the lower res, better AF and blackout free silent shooting sold me on it.

The a7r3 doesn't have a far superior iq. The a9 is better in low light and the dynamic range is jus as good in real world taking a sunset image trying to get everything exposed in post

The a7r3 main advantage is cropping and studio work with fast 10fps mechanical shooting

Low light focus is irrelevant to my point.
If you want to argue that the a9 sensor is on par with the A7r3 then be my guest

Low light focus is irrelevant to my point.
If you want to argue that the a9 sensor is on par with the A7r3 then be my guest

I believe Jonny might be right in some respects, the Sony A9 is better in certain area's but then so is the Sony A7R III.
It comes down to your requirements, both are great at what they can accomplish.
Bring on the A9R, imagine Sony A9 speed but with the A7R III IQ etc :D

Last edited:
Game. Changing.

That’s what’s I like to hear.

That’s what I want hear.

people who have spent thousands on the upgrade -can they confirm they are now getting shots that they were not getting before?

Last edited:
Game. Changing.

That’s what I want hear.

people who have spent thousands on the upgrade -can they confirm they are now getting shots that they were not getting before?

I’m probably not the best person to ask but I’m fairly confident that’s it’s game changing for many reasons.
I’d say yes in most situations the Sony A9 would get you a far greater wealth of images to work with especially with eye-AF and fast tracking situations compared to a different body.

When you strip all the Sony marketing stuff, the end result is that the Sony A9 makes it easier to nail the “money” shots and features like silent shutter, no EVF blackout, 20fps, large buffer, 1/32000 shutter, Eye-AF etc make it quite a unique piece of equipment.
A better tool to get the job done quicker.

:D

Having af points that cover practically the entire frame that are all equally precise. I absolutely hated af systems in dslrs, also never having to tune another lens ? I'll never miss that

Game. Changing.

That’s what I want hear.

Yes for panning f1 cars and anticipating the right timing for shots due to no blackout.

Tried both scenarios on the a7r3 and 5d4 and I was missing shots while the A9 I diddnt so yes game changing mate.

Again do not play down the no blackout feature. Believe the hype.

Yes for panning f1 cars and anticipating the right timing for shots due to no blackout.

Tried both scenarios on the a7r3 and 5d4 and I was missing shots while the A9 I diddnt so yes game changing mate.

Again do not play down the no blackout feature. Believe the hype.
I BELIEVE :D
The Truth Is Out There.

<< Play's X-Files theme tune. :D

12.9 inch 2017 Pro is brilliant.... Replaced my laptop for most things....
For me ipads and any other tablet not running a full version of an os are useless for my needs.

I need to be able to do coding as well as do serious photo and video editing as well as be able too attach loads of hdd and displays.

The best so called tablet is the surface pro ones.

For me ipads and any other tablet not running a full version of an os are useless for my needs.

I need to be able to do coding as well as do serious photo and video editing as well as be able too attach loads of hdd and displays.

The best so called tablet is the surface pro ones.

I seriously looked at the Surface but for most of what I do I think the iPad and Desktop combo is better for me, but I'm not a coder, I mainly do IT design stuff.

Back