The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I can see canon lenses adapting well, but not all nikon lenses... for the same reason a lot of Sony/minolta lenses don't adapt well unless you use LA-EA4 which basically converts your mirrorless to a DSLT :p

Sigma could also do what they just did for Sony, highly likely to get people started with cheap native if they switch mount.

I can see canon lenses adapting well, but not all nikon lenses... for the same reason a lot of Sony/minolta lenses don't adapt well unless you LA-EA4 which basically converts your mirrorless to a DSLT :p

You say that but they adapt well on the 1 and that's years old tech. Adapters reverse engineer, Nikon already has all the knowledge.

Anyways I still got canon gear so if they come out with a 16 stop 20fps 30mp ff camera. O may switch. But I bet Sony will release that next week lol

If mirrorless really is the future I somehow don't see Sony being the leader. The customer experience with Sony is absolutely s***
I have no faith that in quality of their gear or any faith in their customer service at fixing issues.

If mirrorless really is the future I somehow don't see Sony being the leader. The customer experience with Sony is absolutely s***
I have no faith that in quality of their gear or any faith in their customer service at fixing issues.

Happy snapper

I'm sure there'll be new lenses from Sony and from the other peeps too.
Yeah, I was joking ;)

Looks to me that they're just going to be developing the M system but a lot of work needs to go into that, the lens lineup is pants to say the least. Would be interesting if they were looking into FF though.

wtf?? their CS is brilliant . they got my hot shoe fixed in a matter of days for free

wtf?? their CS is brilliant . they got my hot shoe fixed in a matter of days for free
They need to improve the pro support side of things that's for sure. As for CS I'm sure it'll be like any other company, some good reports some bad ones.

Really good lens, if you don’t need f2.8 you can’t go wrong.
I may well go for one of them

Will also double as a nice video lens too. Do you know offhand is there much in the way of focus breathing with it pal ?

Wait and see, what's stopping them from making a mirrorless 5d with native also.

Most canon users would've left for Sony by now if they thought it was worth it. But they still no1
I’m a 14 year Canon DSLR user and I’m switching to the A7 iii to use with Canon mount lenses. * I will swap to Sigma Art lenses over time.

In terms of Canon lens and function compatibility using the Sigma MC11 adaptor - check this video out :banana:

Last edited:

My experience has been the exact opposite, customer Service was as expected when dealing with transfer of ownership/warranties and the Sony A9 recall / repair was quick and swift. :)
My customer feedback form for the repair will reflect this. :)

They need to improve the pro support side of things that's for sure. As for CS I'm sure it'll be like any other company, some good reports some bad ones.
If u live in the UK and better yet. In or near London. There's a walk in centre. And when you shoot on a big event such as Olympics etc. They have pro support right next to you there. They had it in winter Olympics and Wimbledon last year

I’m a 14 year Canon DSLR user and I’m switching to the A7 iii to use with Canon mount lenses. * I will swap to Sigma Art lenses over time.

In terms of Canon lens and function compatibility using the Sigma MC11 adaptor - check this video out :banana:

Trust me. The Sony can adapt to canon glass that are no more than 200mm perfectly fine.

All those criticising it I do wonder if they shoot sports. Because that's when it lacks a bit but hey if I can shoot f1 with the Canon version of the 100-400 by semi manual focusing and jus using my knowledge and skill then hey ho.

I'll be making the switch from Canon this year. I was going to save for the Riii but in all honesty, I have absolutely no need for 42mp.

The A7iii is EXACTLY what I was waiting for and it's set at a brilliant price point IMO. Normally I'd consider buying grey but for that price with 3 years Sony warranty, I don't know if I'll even bother.

I'll be making the switch from Canon this year. I was going to save for the Riii but in all honesty, I have absolutely no need for 42mp.

The A7iii is EXACTLY what I was waiting for and it's set at a brilliant price point IMO. Normally I'd consider buying grey but for that price with 3 years Sony warranty, I don't know if I'll even bother.

Your probably right, there’s less scope for such large price difference between Grey and UK Stock when the price isn’t so big to begin with.

Your probably right, there’s less scope for such large price difference between Grey and UK Stock when the price isn’t so big to begin with.
Precisely my thoughts, I'll see what happens when they start shipping anyway, just to see what the prices are doing, but I'm tempted to put in a preorder in the next couple of weeks..

Precisely my thoughts, I'll see what happens when they start shipping anyway, just to see what the prices are doing, but I'm tempted to put in a preorder in the next couple of weeks..

They'll be available in a couple weeks... won' need to preorder then.

In the Market for a Sony 55mm 1.8, not sure if I should import or buy UK stock..

Also have a wanted ad up if any users here fancy selling theirs

In the Market for a Sony 55mm 1.8, not sure if I should import or buy UK stock..

Also have a wanted ad up if any users here fancy selling theirs

I guess it depends if there is a big saving buying imported or not?
It's also sometimes worth buying UK stock during Sony's cashback promotions.
The Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8 is a cracking lens :)

For those considering the Sony A7 III, here are a few con's when compared to the Sony A9 / A7R III.

It has the older EVF & rear LCD screen from A7R II.
The back plate of camera is not made from magnesium, it is made from a high grade plastic.
The IBIS system is also from the A7R II - 5 stops
No black-out free EVF like the Sony A9
No silent shooting like the Sony A9.

All in all the Sony A7 III is a great all round body.

What lens can't keep up with the A9?

I assume their top level 24-70 and 70-200 zooms are some of the fastest in terms of AF.
But what about fast primes, 35mm 1.4 and 50mm 1.4 ZA lenses? I remember having the 35mm 1.4 ZA on the A7S and it was a bit slow, but that could have been the body

Also would you buy other brand lenses just to adapt? even if you didn't have that system.

Back