The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Just for your information,
you can buy the Sony Extended +3 Year Warranty Pack for £79.99 and apply this during the first 12 months of your ownership.... Ordering one even though I got an extra year when I bought my Sony A9 as it seems great value and peace of mind. :)

Just for your information,
you can buy the Sony Extended +3 Year Warranty Pack for £79.99 and apply this during the first 12 months of your ownership.... Ordering one even though I got an extra year when I bought my Sony A9 as it seems great value and peace of mind. :)
Mine came for free on my a9 hehe

That dude is an absolute idiot.
Maybe! However I bet the A7ii doesn't get a firmware update to improve viewfinder options. Plus time will tell whether they have finally managed to revise the crappy rear control dial that's been s*** for years?

The deed is done, ordered a 70-200 from panamoz, two a9s and 24-70 from harrisons, and then I will get 2 batteries and 85mm 1.4 gm and 35mm 1.4 za from digitalrev.

Need to get grips, memory cards

oh and ... the 1.4 TC? just if I need more reach on the 70-200?

I hope it works out for you.

What is it that made you go for the A9 rather than the A7III?

Them both being 24mp's...

The deed is done, ordered a 70-200 from panamoz, two a9s and 24-70 from harrisons, and then I will get 2 batteries and 85mm 1.4 gm and 35mm 1.4 za from digitalrev.

Need to get grips, memory cards

oh and ... the 1.4 TC? just if I need more reach on the 70-200?
Hmm nice one Dan,and heres me wondering if i can afford to get an Oly 45mm lol

That dude is an absolute idiot. Knows abit about cameras but doesn't seem to have a clue how to take a decent image. Did you see his shootout with Jason Lanier? LOL it was actually embarrassing to watch
Wasn't there something about him trying to pass someone elses pictures off as his own and him claiming to have done photography things in the past and there being little to no evidence?

I agree about the Jason Lanier shoot... I could probably have done as well (as badly) myself...

Last edited:
That dude is an absolute idiot. Knows abit about cameras but doesn't seem to have a clue how to take a decent image. Did you see his shootout with Jason Lanier? LOL it was actually embarrassing to watch
Haveyou got a link please?

Hmm nice one Dan,and heres me wondering if i can afford to get an Oly 45mm lol

Oly 45mm f1.8?

Have you bought into MFT again?

I have that lens and although I haven't used it much I'd say it's a good lens but maybe lacking character, that's one reason I prefer the likes of the Rokkor 85mm f2 or FD f1.8 breech lock.

Oly 45mm f1.8?

Have you bought into MFT again?

I have that lens and although I haven't used it much I'd say it's a good lens but maybe lacking character, that's one reason I prefer the likes of the Rokkor 85mm f2 or FD f1.8 breech lock.
Yes Alan about 4 weeks ago,an em10ii.so do you want to sell yours?:rolleyes:

Yes Alan about 4 weeks ago,an em10ii.so do you want to sell yours?:rolleyes:

Sell the 45mm f1.8? No. I don't use it much but it only takes up about as much room as a jelly bean so I'm not exactly desperate to sell it. Must admit that although I have the Oly 17, 25 and 45mm f1.8 I can't remember the last time I used anything but the 17mm f1.8 and 12-35mm f2.8.

I've been thinking of advertising my GX7 and possibly the GX80 too to get a GX9.

You should be able to find a bargain 45mm used, I bought mine used at a good price.

All he seems to do is constantly moan!!

You should all know I'm only buying into the Sony system so I can troll your asses and tell you how terrible it is...

..jk

I'll give you some ammo...

1. It costs too much!
2. It should be about 40 quid because that's how much a Sony DVD player costs.
3. Should have bought a Fuji.
4. They're too big.
5. A Canon 1DX with 400mm f2.8 is smaller than an A7 with 35mm f2.8.

Back