The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

When I had the A9 I actually tried my best to create banding using LED lights and LIFX smart bulbs. Not even a trace could I find !

Yes you do, it's quite minor though - most noticeable when you cycle the shots in the lcd, hard to see individually
Odd. You should ‘in theory’ be able to find a mechanical shutter speed that doesn’t ‘sync’ with the frequency of the lights.

Odd. You should ‘in theory’ be able to find a mechanical shutter speed that doesn’t ‘sync’ with the frequency of the lights.
Well I've said countless times that even dslr mechanical shutter have banding in certain lights. Banged on about it for ages here when the A9 first came out

What shutter speed are they Dan? If the camera has locked AF (I'd expect an A9 to with the amount of praise it gets from Riz!), is it just too slow a shutter speed because they're definitely soft.

Well I've said countless times that even dslr mechanical shutter have banding in certain lights. Banged on about it for ages here when the A9 first came out
No-ones ever said otherwise ;)

What shutter speed are they Dan? If the camera has locked AF (I'd expect an A9 to with the amount of praise it gets from Riz!), is it just too slow a shutter speed because they're definitely soft.

1/800th of a second, ISO2500+

My D750 doesn’t have dog face detect either but it’s able to capture dogs at fly ball, and they’re FAST ;)

Running directly at camera? I haven't explored the best AF for this either - I put it in the mode where you tell it I want to focus on this brown blob - then it just kind of does what it can to follow it.

Running directly at camera? I haven't explored the best AF for this either - I put it in the mode where you tell it I want to focus on this brown blob - then it just kind of does what it can to follow it.
Yes straight on. Single point AF-C. It didn’t nail every one but most.

I'm sure it's going to be 'user error' so to speak and not being used to the camera and not having it set right. People (and not just Jonney ;)) have been raving about the AF so I'd expect it to be able to nail most shots like this tbh.

Dogs are harder to capture than runners but I would have expected better from the A9 in the dog shots?

Back