The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I have a B+W protection filter that will fit the 35mm 2.8 if anyone interested. It fits under the hood too.

Just a heads up I started listing my stuff on ebay this evening. It's a £1 final fees bank holiday weekend (+ PPal)
At the moment the B85 and the SZ55 are up there

You could always look for my id "navajo-j" as I don't know if providing ebay item id's on here breaks any rule.

If anyone thinks I'm daft and thinks I should list the remaining 16-35 F4 (bought on here) or the A7R2 bought day 1 from WEX with under 8500 clicks in 2.5 years, let me know and I will list it in classified
If not it will be listed with the 16-35 F4 tomorrow on ebay.

Oh.. FYI as I haven't used this gear adequately I have decided to "downsize" but staying with Sony and have gone for the RX10IV
Jamie

Oh.. FYI as I haven't used this gear adequately I have decided to "downsize" but staying with Sony and have gone for the RX10IV
Jamie

Hope you'll continue to contribute to the thread Jamie, I'm sure we'd all like to hear how you get on with the RX10IV. Hope you'll be happy with it :D

Last edited:
I was all in favour but there have been a few sample images kicking around that are making me have second thoughts, the IQ on many samples doesn’t look like its up to the 24-105 or 24-70 lenses.

IQ will be acceptable compared to the cost but to beat the 24-70mm f2.8 GM overall might have been ambitious. :)

IQ will be acceptable compared to the cost but to beat the 24-70mm f2.8 GM overall might have been ambitious. :)

True - I have one on pre-order but I’m thinking about just picking up a used 24-70 instead, possibly back to the lens lineup I had before 21 (Loxia I love this got another one!), 24-70 & 85mm of some type (Really want the Loxia but the 85mm FE f1.8 is almost too good to overlook).....

Been using the A7R3 for a few weeks now and for my usage (landscapes) the battery performance kicks the hell out of my old D810.

With landscapes I am in live view most of the time and on the D810 it used to get through batterys quicker than the R3. I shot for 2 hours Saturday morning which resulted in 260 images and then last night for some astro photography which is all long exposures. I took around 60 shots at around 20 second exposures.

The battery is now at 44% - I know for sure my D810 would have been 1.5 batterys in at this stage.

The Z battery has only had 2 charges as well and apparently improves over the first 4 or 5 full charge cycles.

Very impressed by the R3 so far and the 16-35 GM is just WOW :)

Last edited:
Just ordered the Sigma 50mm Art E mount

WEX gave me £50 off, not bad. Can't wait to get trying it!

A7 lll

Page AF4 "AF micro adj" on 8/14

Thought I`d ask what thats for, could look for the manual but..

I was all in favour but there have been a few sample images kicking around that are making me have second thoughts, the IQ on many samples doesn’t look like its up to the 24-105 or 24-70 lenses.

There's gotta be a trade off, it's reasonably light and small while having a lower priced than the f/4 alternatives let alone anything at f/2.8.

There's some people over on DPR expecting it to compete directly with the 24-70mm GM and I think that's badly missing the point (although although...), as long as it matches the 24-70mm f/4 optically I think it's a winner and if not Currys has to get some more stock of the f/4 eventually right?

I never needed much from this lens though so I guess I'll be easily pleased.

Last edited:
I don't believe it! :mad:
My main motivation for changing from a DSLR was to get away from focussing issues, AFMA and all that crap! :mad: I thought that mirrorless AF was supposed to be 100% accurate. Not happy.

Back