The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Yes, I have been busy using the A7iii and editing a newborn photoshoot....Loving the camera so far!

Untitled-1.jpg

The a7iii with the 24-70 GM are a great combo...so much detail!
Photo posted here does not do it justice, on the original file you can see every minimum detail.

Last edited:
I’m busy preparing to manufacture 150 cameras from this pile of acrylic!

IMG_0761.jpg

Should look something like this by the end, in 9 different colour options (with bellows in the middle of course!)

27039011658_7f46d7cda7_o.jpg

On the Sony front, I’m going to Old Trafford tomorrow to photograph a corporate football competition with the Prince’s trust. The company I work for have a team entered so I’m getting a free day of photography in work hours so all good!

I found a pain in the ass problem today shooting an engagement. The camera was knocking everything out of the park until a photo I tried to do at the bottom….

XKbIwQn.jpg

mecB3r0.jpg

05t4oG4.jpg

FNqx1IJ.jpg

yvucOPJ.jpg

5C0UzeV.jpg

So I was trying to shoot this photo, but only her right eye showing by walking behind him further to my right….Eye focus has picked up on her LEFT eye so as I walk more to my right, her left eye will be obstructed, as it became obstructed her entire face lost focus and the camera lost focus….it won't focus on her right eye that I can still see. I tried using spot focus but face detection was still on and although i can see the square, it won't focus !!!!

I was like, WTF, focus dammit. I think Toggle face detect might have to be added to a short cut in this scenario but I am out of buttons !

p.s. It's amazing what a single 50mm lens can do !

0WtDxPU.jpg

Last edited:
My brother is considering buying one. Sent me a few pics of it today after his test drive. Amazing looking car.

My test drive is booked for Sat, but can’t commit until we have moved house next month :(

People around the net seem to feel the need to justify their coverage of Sony camera products, Luminous Landscape had a justification article and now DPR is doing the same.

I do find this all a bit odd and I think maybe there's still a little resentment that this electronics company has the temerity to make photographic products.

People around the net seem to feel the need to justify their coverage of Sony camera products, Luminous Landscape had a justification article and now DPR is doing the same.

I do find this all a bit odd and I think maybe there's still a little resentment that this electronics company has the temerity to make photographic products.

They still behave like an electronics company :p

I guess Sony is making big waves and naturally coverage will be higher. :)

I guess Sony is making big waves and naturally coverage will be higher. :)

Yes, at least Sony is giving people something to talk about.

I remember a time when there were multiple reviews of the same usually Canon products. At the time I thought this multiple coverage was just a mix of nothing else to talk about and getting a back hander for giving Canon space. I don't remember any justification articles back then :D

Last edited:
They still behave like an electronics company :p

Like it or not I think it's electronics that'll drive photography forward, Sony have realised that and can you really prefer how Canon have acted? Year after year of new product with outdated technology from day one and minor almost to the point of being irrelevant "development." :D

Like it or not I think it's electronics that'll drive photography forward, Sony have realised that and can you really prefer how Canon have acted? Year after year of new product with outdated technology from day one and minor almost to the point of being irrelevant "development." :D

Which is easy to say now but come back in 5-10 years time when their mirrorless designs have matured even further and they can't easily make big improvements on a regular schedule.

To clarify, I firmly believe in technology always improving but that doesn't mean a single company can always keep up with them.

Which is easy to say now but come back in 5-10 years time when their mirrorless designs have matured even further and they can't easily make big improvements on a regular schedule.

To clarify, I firmly believe in technology always improving but that doesn't mean a single company can always keep up with them.

If that's the case and Sony do a Canon and introduce product with seemingly little innovation or improvement I'll gladly talk about whatever Chinese company is driving the thing forward at that time because I don't give a flying who makes the kit. What I will not be doing is apologising for talking about something new and innovative.

I might not be buying it though :D

I love my new DVD player :LOL:

I love my new DVD player :LOL:

I used to fix Canon office equipment including photocopiers, some people thought the copiers were sh!t and at the time we were under orders to keep certain things from customers. Unsurprisingly I had a heated technical and moral discussion with management and thankfully I managed to walk out of that job PDQ, actually about a nano second before they sacked me.

I used to fix Canon office equipment including photocopiers, some people thought the copiers were sh!t and at the time we were under orders to keep certain things from customers. Unsurprisingly I had a heated technical and moral discussion with management and thankfully I managed to walk out of that job PDQ, actually about a nano second before they sacked me.

we use konica minolta printers are work. They are pretty good.

we use konica minolta printers are work. They are pretty good.

One problem with Canon copiers at the time was that they weren't edge to edge copiers, for technical reasons they left a blank bit at the leading edge and down one side of the paper. This was all a big secret but of course if anyone asked why text was missing from their document I answered honestly. The work around was to reduce the image size so that it fit within the available area. The last straw was when I was told to tell a customer that his machine was a write off when all it needed was an hour spent cleaning it and a replacement 20p cleaning blade. I wouldn't lie to individual customers but I had no problem working for rip off merchants like Systime Computers as they never asked me to do anything dodgy. Anyway, I only did office equipment for a few months and Canon copiers may be different now as that was a long time ago. Actually it wasn't just their copiers, all their office stuff at the time was crap. I'm very happy not to work for a living now :D

Bags, cars, watches and now photocopiers... is there anything we can't talk about in this thread...

Last edited:
Bah, saved up enough for a 35/1.4 CZ but my car need some TLC, minimum some brake pads, may need some new calipers.

Bah, saved up enough for a 35/1.4 CZ but my car need some TLC, minimum some brake pads, may need some new calipers.

New calipers, I doubt that. Disks and pads at most. Easy DIY maybe £100-200 parts. Try national tyres, good rates.

Last edited:
Back