The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

35 ART AFS tested, nothing wrong with it, shot after shot, in focus. Near, far, near, far etc etc.

Not sure what the other tester did wrong or if it was his lens. No problems here.

Last edited:
Anyone want a 55/1.8? It’ll be up in the classifieds shortly. About to pull the trigger in the 85 - just need to decide whether I wanna is e-infinity or not.

Got my Zeiss 35mm/1.4 :banana:
It seems slightly better optically than my previous copy but slightly worst cosmetically.

Anyone want a 55/1.8? It’ll be up in the classifieds shortly. About to pull the trigger in the 85 - just need to decide whether I wanna is e-infinity or not.
Go for it. That's the trade I made and haven't looked back.

Managed to finally get around to blogging my first Sony-shot wedding from a few weeks ago if anyone is interested: https://goo.gl/HW7nMR

269+Field+of+Dreams+Bangor+Wedding.JPG

Last edited:
Managed to finally get around to blogging my first Sony-shot wedding from a few weeks ago if anyone is interested: https://goo.gl/HW7nMR

Can I ask, what lenses do you use?

I'm yet to settle on how much bulk I keep on me at weddings, and almost hope you say two primes and nothing else.. perhaps 35/85 ?

Sometimes I'm leaning towards 16-35mm + 50mm - but I miss the 35mm 1.4 rendering,

Last edited:
Can I ask, what lenses do you use?

I'm yet to settle on how much bulk I keep on me at weddings, and almost hope you say two primes and nothing else.. perhaps 35/85 ?

Sometimes I'm leaning towards 16-35mm + 50mm - but I miss the 35mm 1.4 rendering,

Mostly 35Art and 85FE/Batis, but during groom prep I was on the 25 Batis and 55FE and some of the portraits/candids are on Nikon 45mm Tilt/shift with an adapter. Didn't use a flash at all.

All I need for a wedding is a 35 and 85 and a cheap-as-pish flash.

I haven't owned a zoom lens in years.

None FF stuff...

There's a review of the Sony RX100 VI at DPR...

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-rx100-vi-m6

I bought the Pany TZ100 some time ago for when I think my other cameras are too much and for longer and wider stuff when I have a CSC + a prime with me and whilst it gives pretty soft pictures it is IMO fine for whole pictures viewed normally. If this Sony is better it's going to be a pretty attractive thing but at a higher cost. 1" sensors may not be for everyone but they are maybe worth looking at for holidays and days out when you don't want a larger camera.

Mostly 35Art and 85FE/Batis, but during groom prep I was on the 25 Batis and 55FE and some of the portraits/candids are on Nikon 45mm Tilt/shift with an adapter. Didn't use a flash at all.

All I need for a wedding is a 35 and 85 and a cheap-as-pish flash.

I haven't owned a zoom lens in years.

thanks, I might consider that 25 batis - i have the 50mm 1.4 i could pair with it instead.

Wow, awesome and inspirational, what where you using before the sony, and how have you found the switch?

Thank you. Been Nikon since I started and up until a few weeks back was using D750 bodies with a similar lens setup. Getting muscle memory used to the Sony was the only issue I had, otherwise it's been pretty straightforward.

Decided to go Sony because I wanted mirrorless and reckon that Nikon's first proper effort will be A) more expensive than the a7 and B) have a more limited range of lenses to begin with. Recent rumours appear to be vindicating that stance.

Last edited:

I am still looking for the best in terms of focus, bokeh, size and aperture.

The Sigma 85 Art just seems TOO big, especially on a Sony body.

This is still king :p

uC549GA.jpg

This lens was the final nail in the coffin for me on dslr. Its rubbish for anything that moves at all. Wide open the performance was atrocious even when it did hit that magical 1 in 10 sharp images lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This lens was the final nail in the coffin for me on dslr. Its rubbish for anything that moves at all. Wide open the performance was atrocious even when it did hit that magical 1 in 10 sharp images lol

Ye have no faith :p

I had the Canon 85/1.8 and the 1.2 together for about 4 years and I didn't use the 1.8 at all. At that time the Sigma 85/1.4 Art hasn't come out and there really was no competition.

It's NOTHING compare to what the A73 with its 85/1.8 can do, that's not a question but it got the job done when I needed it to so I will always have a soft spot for it.

(she was walking)

NiUiCZg.jpg

Aw9fc6i.jpg

ywpzQDV.jpg

Last edited:
Back