The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Sony need to bring out some good native E-mount APS-C lenses and a top end body like a Sony A7000.
Basically a APS-C version of the A9. :)

Sony need to bring out some good native E-mount APS-C lenses and a top end body like a Sony A7000.

I think they have some good APS-C lenses. For me there are just some holes in the line up... no f2.8 zooms... no compact and reasonably priced 24mm f1.8.

Plus I'd like to see two conventionally placed control wheels for shutter and aperture, one on the front and one on the back both towards the top of the camera just like pretty much every other camera :D rather than use the wheel on the back.

TBH even if they had all of these things I'd probably stick with MFT :D as the lenses are more compact and are pretty much always available on the used market at reasonable prices. The Oly 17mm f1.8 is lovely.

Well it depends what you plan to do sell and what to get. For me the move has been worth it another bonus wife will use this camera she hates using OVF or EVF prefer live view and this solves that for her.

Yes I know D500 had it but no where near as practical and good as this as we know

Well it depends what you plan to do sell and what to get. For me the move has been worth it another bonus wife will use this camera she hates using OVF or EVF prefer live view and this solves that for her.

Yes I know D500 had it but no where near as practical and good as this as we know

I'd have to get rid of both Nikon bodies and lenses, as at a wedding I don't think I could deal with running two systems at once..

I have been trying to keep up with this thread (which has been a little challenging of late, although not as bad as over on POTN which is fast moving at the best of times), and having ummed and aahhed over the 7iii and Riii, talking myself in and out of upgrading my Rii (GAS is a killer). Ive come to a couple of conclusions. Firstly I love the resolution and IQ that the Rii gives and whilst striving for that eutopia of a single body with a high resolution that allows for heavy cropping with excellent AF (one area I enjoy is wildlife and sport), secondly that the A9R may never come to fruition as why would Sony cannibalise 2 product lines, I also question whether at present the technology is available to process the high res files fast enough to support the high frame rates.

With this in mind it leaves me wondering how else to achieve this, other than the AF and lack of blackout, the A9 gives very little extra to what I already have, certainly not enough to drop a couple of grand on, also the drop in resolution would leave less options for cropping. However a 24mp APSC sensor which has the AF and zero blackout (possibly in the same body too) would be a game changer for amateur wildlife photographers like me, it would look rather funny with my Sigma 120-300 Sport on the front.

I think they have some good APS-C lenses. For me there are just some holes in the line up... no f2.8 zooms... no compact and reasonably priced 24mm f1.8.

Plus I'd like to see two conventionally placed control wheels for shutter and aperture, one on the front and one on the back both towards the top of the camera just like pretty much every other camera :D rather than use the wheel on the back.

TBH even if they had all of these things I'd probably stick with MFT :D as the lenses are more compact and are pretty much always available on the used market at reasonable prices. The Oly 17mm f1.8 is lovely.

But do you even need a 2.8 zoom?

But do you even need a 2.8 zoom?

Yes.

There are advantages with f2.8 zooms which I'm sure you know... lower ISO for low light shooting, DoF when you want to go that way and on APS-C f2.8 helps you replicate the look you'd get from FF by allowing you to keep the quality up and get the shallower DoF look.

With FF I'd probably be mostly shooting in the f4/5 to f8 range so with APS-C being able to shoot from f2.8 instead of f5.6 which is where you'd be at the longer end with a variable aperture zoom is an advantage and helps to give the look I'd get if shooting FF in the f4/5-8 range.

I will move my photos to the NAS once I can afford 3 more 12TB drives to go in it - it's only got one at the moment :) and I have a 16TB WD USB3.0 drive

I’m eagerly awaiting the new iPad Pro to feed my Apple GAS, this will be the start of my new workflow method going forwards.
Affinity Photo :eek:

Yes I am, it's a lot of fun and it's keeping up with how I want to work.

Selling off the SL currently, I'm still keeping my M10 for now - but not entirely sure when I would decide to use it..
Niceone

Great to see you getting the use out of it !

I’m eagerly awaiting the new iPad Pro to feed my Apple GAS, this will be the start of my new workflow method going forwards.
Affinity Photo :eek:

What

You moving to Affinity photo??

Would people consider a canon dslr or are they completely pointless to you guys? Despite being number one?

To me the move to CSC had nothing to do with image quality really. I'd have been happy if CSC's only matched my 5D :D to me the initial move was all about bulk, weight and the attention that wielding a DSLR attracts but once having got used to CSC's I came to value the EVF and the whole WYSIWYG thing and then there's the ability to use manual lenses :D

I'd never willingly go back to a DSLR now or any other optical system, I much prefer the reduced bulk of a CSC and the EVF's and everything they bring.

Someone in here got it from show 50 percent off so that £25? God knows how I miss that stand

Back