The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

That lens is worth nowhere near £400, Sonys kit lens prices are massively inflated.

Agreed, but someone might be willing to pay £300 for a brand new, warranted lens against the "massively inflated" retail price.

I bet the adobe update be round the corner give it a couple of days.

That work round would it work on subscription base

I can wait for adobe update, it happens with every new camera, just wait a bit. Although this is the first camera where I bought one at launch.

What gets me they know this was coming why didn’t they release the software update

I’m thinking along similar lines to you by the looks of it. Thinking of getting a GX80 for when I need a small kit (+ibis and 4K video) as an addition to a D750.

Tom

I may be wrong here but I don't think the GX80 has an external microphone input, I just been through this exercise and ended up buying a G80 for my son who is doing a media college course as it had all the required inputs + 4K and IBIS.

This may be important if you want to use the camera fir videoing parts of weddings or if you want to vlog in a reasonably professional manner.

Yeah, I saw the AA filter thing a few days ago, makes sense since this camera isn’t one gunning for resolution and detail, that’s the job for the RIII
Images are sharp and clean enough as it is.

Tom

I may be wrong here but I don't think the GX80 has an external microphone input, I just been through this exercise and ended up buying a G80 for my son who is doing a media college course as it had all the required inputs + 4K and IBIS.

This may be important if you want to use the camera fir videoing parts of weddings or if you want to vlog in a reasonably professional manner.

Good to know that, thanks!

Met a A9 equestrian photographer today using 70-200 G. He is buying the A7iii as a 2nd camera. Was a pretty good chat!

Was good to chat and get opinions from someone in my field!

Met a A9 equestrian photographer today using 70-200 G. He is buying the A7iii as a 2nd camera. Was a pretty good chat!

And what did he suggest. I know a9 too pricey did he think a7iii be good enough for you?

I decided to watch it, and he does say this...

"You do have an anti-aliasing filter'

Maybe they made a mistake and instead of fitting one they put Schrodinger's AA filter in instead, I still have no idea if it has one fitted or not as I've heard both answers in equal amounts.

It would make most sense to be fitted for the market it's aimed at, so I'll operate under the assumption there is one. Haven't had any cause for complaint about the actual output so far though.

Just notice that with the MC-11, you get all the focusing (points) selection with Sigma lenses, but not with Canon lenses.

Is the Metabone the same?

Just notice that with the MC-11, you get all the focusing (points) selection with Sigma lenses, but not with Canon lenses.

What sigma lens have you tried on it so far. I might get one with a sigma 100-600 C Lens if I find I want to do wildlife again

I'd heard the Metabones adapter is better than the Sigma but at the price I didn't care.

I can't recall where I read it but someone said the Sigma adapter is intended to be used with Sigma lenses more so than anything EF so you get some unpredictable behaviour in those situations.

Purely on cost, or was there another reason of him choosing the A7iii over a second A9?

I’m waiting on my a7 mk iii arriving and am veering towards the Metabones adapter over the MC-11

What sigma lens have you tried on it so far. I might get one with a sigma 100-600 C Lens if I find I want to do wildlife again

20 and 50 Art

I’ve went through all my Canon lenses, the one lens that’s just unusable is the 100/2.8L. This takes ages to “register”, sometimes it focuses, sometimes it hunts, and even when it focuses, it’s slower than with the 5D4. Sometimes it works with the IS on, sometimes it doesn’t. Weird. It’s not a big deal because I only use this for it’s macro ability which is manual focus but every other lens works fine. However with sigma lenses I am getting to use all the focusing points options from wide centre etc etc, you get less with Canon glass but the most important thing is I get to use focus point select which is what I use 99% of the time.

I'd heard the Metabones adapter is better than the Sigma but at the price I didn't care.

I can't recall where I read it but someone said the Sigma adapter is intended to be used with Sigma lenses more so than anything EF so you get some unpredictable behaviour in those situations.

It’s more than half the price, the metabone V is £400 whereas the MC-11 I paid £89. I did update the MC-11’s firmware last night too so in theory it could improve but I doubt it since why would it make Canon lenses work better?

Purely on cost, or was there another reason of him choosing the A7iii over a second A9?

Cost one factor and he thinks the A7iii will be good enough. Sent me a link to his galleries etc so all been quite helpful.

Back