The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

If I get a Sony A7iii I would have to wait for WEX to get stock lol! Waiting game or what!

Why?

Be interesting to know if they all sold out at the show now.. I bet they more likely sold out end of saturday

Yeah, they're all sold out in their warehouse (for online and store orders), according to their customer service team. Don't know about the show, though.

Why?

Yeah, they're all sold out in their warehouse (for online and store orders), according to their customer service team. Don't know about the show, though.

Because they have offered much more to trade in my gear than I can get on here!!

Its the paypal fee I think! I mean WEX offered £760 for the 35mm and on ebay they are circa £800.

Wex do offer great prices

Its the paypal fee I think! I mean WEX offered £760 for the 35mm and on ebay they are circa £800.

No, it's final value fee. So you pay 3.4% total fees on a sale.... That's cash for anywhere. So 800 after fees is 770.

It's another option if you want cash.

Last edited:
No, it's final value fee. So you pay 3.4% total fees on a sale.... That's cash for anywhere. So 800 after fees is 770.

It's another option if you want cash.

And you say it starts tonight?

Because they have offered much more to trade in my gear than I can get on here!!

Yeah, I had the same conundrum. Wex were offering me the best price, but have no clue as to when they're getting more stock in. In the end, I got an extra £120 by selling my A7 privately - and could purchase elsewhere. Glad I did!

Bodes well for the grey market then.

Aye, should do. I'd contacted all of the main grey dealers but nobody seems to be getting in stock until late April/May. A bit strange - I didn't think Europe would be at the front of the queue.

LOl, teddies flying everywhere.

It's hilarious. The amount of willy waving and arguments that go on in this thread is equally hilarious. Tell people you bought something and got a discount but don't disclose it to every Tom, Dick & Harry that may want it and you're an insta Judas.

The internet, don't you ever change.

Nope not yet. I needed to sell those lenses anyway so hopefully they will go for decent prices!!

Did you get a quote from WEX for those lens did you say?

For any of the new Sony owners what lenses have you gone with?

Keeping tabs on the thread to see how any ex Nikon shooters are with their move.

For any of the new Sony owners what lenses have you gone with?

Keeping tabs on the thread to see how any ex Nikon shooters are with their move.

I’ve not regretted one bit with my move

Love this system really do. Love these feature

Live view
EVF
Ibis
Eye AF
AF quick and lock on

The feel of this camera is lovely it really a lovely system.

Lens wise pls with my choice

Back