The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Surprised there no Peak Design bag fans here... I have their 10L sling and love it; capture clip on the end to attach the camera when in use. Even with it inside, still space inside for 2 lenses, batteries, with tripod slung underneath too.

Love mine.

I actually used my camera recently (having been side-tracked with a drone...) - was fun!
I have PD messenger 13"

It is 150-600 though.
Yeah I know but the DSLR Contemporary version is 1.9kg and I thought there was a trend towards lighter lenses so was hoping it might be in the 1.6kg region.

I always found the close focus ability of the Sigma 50-500mm really useful and unlike the 200-600mm it doesn't have any focus breathing to talk of either.

Not worried about 20 fps ... looks like I have found my first Sony E fit lens.

If AF is important to you I still suggest Sony 200-600mm
have look at the comparison here between the two with subject running at the camera
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8n_VyJ7pI

If AF is important to you I still suggest Sony 200-600mm
have look at the comparison here between the two with subject running at the camera

Yes I did earlieralthough I didn't notice what body he had it on.

My aim was always to get the 200-600mm and the 100-400mm until the Sigma was leaked, I don't think the Sigma is a match for the big one but it may be a cheaper alternative to the other.

Yes I did earlieralthough I didn't notice what body he had it on.

My aim was always to get the 200-600mm and the 100-400mm until the Sigma was leaked, I don't think the Sigma is a match for the big one but it may be a cheaper alternative to the other.
think he uses the A1

Cheaper but no match again, the 100-400mm is a very nice lens

A tamron 35-150mm f2-2.8 lens coming :eek:

Too bad this probably won't take TCs. If it did, it would have been an amazing lenses since you could also make it 50-210mm f2.8-4 and a 70-300mm f4-5.6.

Plus a updated 28-75mm f/2.8

Last edited:
Surprised there no Peak Design bag fans here... I have their 10L sling and love it; capture clip on the end to attach the camera when in use. Even with it inside, still space inside for 2 lenses, batteries, with tripod slung underneath too.

Love mine.

I actually used my camera recently (having been side-tracked with a drone...) - was fun!
I wouldn't be without my 10L. Just the limit of whats comfortable when loaded up. I'm diabetic so it's basically my every day bag to carry meds and it means my camera is with me 99% of the time. Even without the camera it's a fantastic bag and so easy to access with how the slide on the strap works to quickly lengthen it to access then tighten back up.

With the new yoof fashion for bags I think I must be bang on trend too!

I wouldn't be without my 10L. Just the limit of whats comfortable when loaded up. I'm diabetic so it's basically my every day bag to carry meds and it means my camera is with me 99% of the time. Even without the camera it's a fantastic bag and so easy to access with how the slide on the strap works to quickly lengthen it to access then tighten back up.

With the new yoof fashion for bags I think I must be bang on trend too!

I had considered the Peak Design but in a review or two I'd watched, apparently it falls forward because of the sort of wedge shape it has. A similar looking bag to the PD I'd considered is the Tenba Messenger DNA 11 or 13. A very nice bag but I fancied something that isn't grey coloured.

I had considered the Peak Design but in a review or two I'd watched, apparently it falls forward because of the sort of wedge shape it has. A similar looking bag to the PD I'd considered is the Tenba Messenger DNA 11 or 13. A very nice bag but I fancied something that isn't grey coloured.
tenba DNA messenger bags come in various colours. they are very decent and comfortable.
My favourite though was the tenba cooper 13 slim. its a really quality bag and feels great too comfort wise. It was not only camera bag but also my everyday office bag.
I swapped it for the PD messenger 13" since pandemic put an end to office commutes and PD messenger fits bit more than the tenba (without adding much to overall size).

but I really do miss my tenba now especially since I need to go back into the office :-/
stupidly sold it off :sorry::facepalm:

What I find impractical, for me, after using them a while is the fact that the flap opens from the body outwards, rather than from the body side upwards. But that's probably just me. Others will say it's more secure. I find it inconvenient.
Yeah - see I like that, find it easier to access the lid pockets, also useful for blocking out rain/drizzle when opening it.

tenba DNA messenger bags come in various colours. they are very decent and comfortable.
My favourite though was the tenba cooper 13 slim. its a really quality bag and feels great too comfort wise. It was not only camera bag but also my everyday office bag.
I swapped it for the PD messenger 13" since pandemic put an end to office commutes and PD messenger fits bit more than the tenba (without adding much to overall size).

but I really do miss my tenba now especially since I need to go back into the office :-/

Ah that's a pity you sold it. Yeah you're right, I forgot Tenba also have a dark copper and a cobalt blue. If for any reason I don't get on with the Wotancraft I'll probably try a Tenba.

Last edited:
One advantage of the Billingham's and maybe others too is no zips and no velcro to undo to get kit the out.
All this talk about bags prompted me to get my old favourite out, the Billingham Hadley Original, in black with tan trim. Bought it about 25 years ago and despite my best efforts at “weathering “ it, it still looks like new. Unfortunately for some reason I’ve lost the dividers, so just ordered a new set from Billingham, who have spares for just about every bag ever made. And yes, I love the absence of velcro and zips.

All this talk about bags prompted me to get my old favourite out, the Billingham Hadley Original, in black with tan trim. Bought it about 25 years ago and despite my best efforts at “weathering “ it, it still looks like new. Unfortunately for some reason I’ve lost the dividers, so just ordered a new set from Billingham, who have spares for just about every bag ever made. And yes, I love the absence of velcro and zips.

Yup.

Despite being on the beach and through the foliage and grass in sun rain and snow and taken everything the UK and Singapore too offer my Hadley Small does look like new. I haven't used my Hadley digital much and it's unsurprisingly pristine.

Have you got it yet?

Yeah but believe it or not I haven't unboxed it yet, lol. I was so tired yesterday from lack of sleep from watching the Olympics which I'm hooked on and have watched relentlessly for almost two weeks. I'm well slept now and going to try it out today and take some photos of it.
I cut open the box lids though and see that the bag is inside a nice protective canvas black bag with a Wotancraft logo.

Last edited:

I have a tenba backback, great bag (y)

That Tamon 35-150mm could be a useful lens possibly.

Can imagine it being handy for wedding photography for things like the speeches, maybe even the first dance. Depends how awful the a.f is.

No, backpacks tend not to. But many shoulder bags do, including Tenba.:)
Ahh I see, it’s just you quoted my post so I got confused :LOL:

I always found the close focus ability of the Sigma 50-500mm really useful and unlike the 200-600mm it doesn't have any focus breathing to talk of either.

Not worried about 20 fps ... looks like I have found my first Sony E fit lens.

I dont fancy that when compared to the Sony FE 200-600mm - the fact it extends to meet the 600mm range puts me off- be a total bugger on a Gimbal :)

I also have the 100-400mm and that also extends, that why I hardly us it :(

Les :)

I dont fancy that when compared to the Sony FE 200-600mm - the fact it extends to meet the 600mm range puts me off- be a total bugger on a Gimbal :)

I also have the 100-400mm and that also extends, that why I hardly us it :(

Les :)

Yes I had a look at a few more reviews and came to the conclusion the 200-600mm is still the better lens where it counts.

I'm p'd off. I bought a laptop from Currys but it died during setup, they're out of stock and are going to refund me, slowly, taking up to 14 days to do so.

Anyway. I'm having problems finding a 17" laptop of the same or better spec than the one I have with a built in DVD but there do seem to be some available without. Is there any big drawback to not having a built in DVD?

The biggie for me could be loading CS5 as I have it on DVD but looking at Adobe's site I think I can download it. Other than that my sister often gives me films on DVD that I have to play through my pc so I'll have to find another way to see them. The main thing though is being able to somehow load CS5.

I'm p'd off. I bought a laptop from Currys but it died during setup, they're out of stock and are going to refund me, slowly, taking up to 14 days to do so.

Anyway. I'm having problems finding a 17" laptop of the same or better spec than the one I have with a built in DVD but there do seem to be some available without. Is there any big drawback to not having a built in DVD?

The biggie for me could be loading CS5 as I have it on DVD but looking at Adobe's site I think I can download it. Other than that my sister often gives me films on DVD that I have to play through my pc so I'll have to find another way to see them. The main thing though is being able to somehow load CS5.

Cheaper/more expensive also available.

Back