The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I hadn't treated myself to any posh ice cream for years but I bought an ASDA branded one a while back and liked it but they seem to have watered them down recently and very much so so I moved to Haagen Dazs.

One thing I do have a craving for is that soft ice cream that used to come out of the machine on the ice cream vans that used to roam the streets decades ago. There's sometimes an ice cream van at Saltburn but their ice cream is just the usual stuff out of tubs. It's not the same.
Mr Whippy? ;)

The best ice cream I've ever had was gelato in Venice :love:

Nike.com has 25% off everything, including trainers that are already on sale. I bought a couple of pairs.

Apart from the one pair I actually need for a present that is 'excluded from promotion' like all the best/popular models :headbang:

Anyone found any good deals this black Friday?

Mrs WW wants a new phone for her birthday and it looks like the one she wants is about £50 off today :D

There's nothing I want but I did grab myself a Belgian Chocolate Haagen Dazs at ASDS this morning :D
Got a new 65" 4k Q-OLED TV.

They only had two 24-70’s online at John Lewis so have pulled the trigger before they ran out. Still not sure I want to get rid of the 24-105mm but have bought myself some extra ‘consideration’ time

Got a new 65" 4k Q-OLED TV.

Nice :D

One think that annoys me with our new Samsung is that every time it's turned on it displays my email address and it is just possible that there could be people in the room who I'd never want to have my email address. It might never happen but every time I see the TV do this I get annoyed :D

They only had two 24-70’s online at John Lewis so have pulled the trigger before they ran out. Still not sure I want to get rid of the 24-105mm but have bought myself some extra ‘consideration’ time

Sony f2.8?

Sony f2.8?
No the f4 as discussed above. £524 and £200 cash back meaning £324. Camerawork’s have just offered £610 for my 24-105mm f4 so I’d be the best part of £300 better off. Also, I only paid £358 after cashback on the 24-105mm so I’ve actually made £252 on it :)

A reprocessed with CS2022 A7 and Sony 35mm f2.8 picture.

Fishing at sunset.

46JOVkg.jpg

I bought a box of posh hand creams for Mrs WW and my mam liked them so I've just bought her the same set but with a Black Friday discount code and quite a discount.

Does he look cute?

pR0DuI8.jpg

He wasn't, he tried to take a chunk out of me :mad:

Pav enthuses...

It looks big compared to the Sony 35mm f1.8.

Last edited:
Free extra battery, card, case and £300 trade in bonus. Cheapest U.K price at £2049. Also £100 cash back promo if you are buying certain lenses. 1 year extra warranty as well.

Last edited:
Sony 90mm macro at WEX - £639
less 10% Discount code - SONY10
Less £100 cashback

£475.10 :oops: :$
Might buy two at that price!
That's really incredible.

Edit: not in stock at the moment.

Edit:
Same offer available at LCE and in stock

Last edited:
Ah shame you can't get £300 trade in bonus in conjuction with the £250 discount.

What is the going rate for a used A73 these days? £1k?

Last edited:
Might buy two at that price!
That's really incredible.

Edit: not in stock at the moment.

Edit:
Same offer available at LCE and in stock
Less £100 cashback

Wow! That is a very good price!!

We went to Wells, Somerset for a few hours this morning for a nice walk around & the market. No Sony or drone but actually shot some FILM!

Well f1.4, so that's not surprising. It does give a nice look to a photo, and although I don't need one, it certainly appeals.

As I posted I knew someone would have to say that but I left the option open :D but it is much bigger and very possibly bigger than some 35mm f1.4's we've seen. It's bigger than the Sony GM.

I like compact kit so the Samyang is not for me. The more compact nature and close focusing ability of the Sony f1.8 are nice and the difference between f1.4 and f1.8 DoF and exposure wise are pretty much things I can ignore.

Last edited:
Less £100 cashback

That's a good price. I've always liked to have a macro lens but then never really use one anymore :LOL:

This page says you can’t? Well one of us is wrong…

Please note that this offer can NOT be used in conjunction with the Save £250 offer.

Last edited:
As I posted I knew someone would have to say that but I left the option open :D but it is much bigger and very possibly bigger than some 35mm f1.4's we've seen. It's bigger than the Sony GM.

I like compact kit so the Samyang is not for me. The more compact nature and close focusing ability of the Sony f1.8 are nice and the difference between f1.4 and f1.8 DoF and exposure wise are pretty much things I can ignore.

All the modern f1.4 lenses are a lot bigger than my Sony/Minolta AF 50 f1.4 too. OTOH image quality is streets ahead, and in the case of the Samyang, they keep the smoothness too.

That’s the one! Pretty much same here. It’s a relatively new hobby of mine.
I'd had a logitech wheel for a few years but when Fanatec made direct drive more affordable I decided to build a proper rig. I've probably spent more time tinkering with the set up than I have driving in it, Which I've really enjoyed. Just trying to resist the urge to upgrade my graphics card now. It's an annoyance not being able to run everything at max settings.

They were selling a7iv for straight £1950 at the photography show. These prices I see here are massive sanctions that pretend to be offers. If you changed your mind better wait it out till they come back to their senses

They were selling a7iv for straight £1950 at the photography show. These prices I see here are massive sanctions that pretend to be offers. If you changed your mind better wait it out till they come back to their senses

Mrs WW said I should buy myself something new as everything I buy is old and second hand :D

This page says you can’t? Well one of us is wrong…

Please note that this offer can NOT be used in conjunction with the Save £250 offer.

You are right, missed that.

Not as good as I thought then.

It isn't clear on the mobile page that you can't have both.

Last edited:
Back