The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It was from SRS on ebay so UK stock and warranty. Think I got the last one though.

thanks - was very tempted by the Zeiss Batis 25mm for £804 (then minus £135 cashback) but had a stinge attack and went for the Samyang 24mm f2.8 for £195 instead - also from SRS :)

I'm really pleasantly surprised with the Zeiss 55. Wasn't expecting too much of it but I guess it's expensive for a 1.8. It really maintains a lot of contrast in backlit situations, like the second shot here and it's sharp with good bokeh. Feels like a toy compared to the 1.4's but gives me something I've not had before in a compact little walkabout.

She might never grow tall enough to reach it :)

44687557890_77056fceaf_b.jpg

45591445965_19937e56fc_b.jpg

44681833170_b1231b8e6a_b.jpg

Shooting wide-open with this combo is a doddle, so many keepers!

46447318332_db128c97b9_b.jpg

I'm really pleasantly surprised with the Zeiss 55. Wasn't expecting too much of it but I guess it's expensive for a 1.8. It really maintains a lot of contrast in backlit situations, like the second shot here and it's sharp with good bokeh. Feels like a toy compared to the 1.4's but gives me something I've not had before in a compact little walkabout.

I didn't gel with it at all. It was my first FE lens I picked up in 2015 (maybe '14) when I bought the A7. Nothing wrong with it. Focused well, certainly sharp enough, great performance.... Just found it a little long.

Great images :)

I didn't gel with it at all. It was my first FE lens I picked up in 2015 (maybe '14) when I bought the A7. Nothing wrong with it. Focused well, certainly sharp enough, great performance.... Just found it a little long.

Great images :)

Cheers. I quite like the working distance and had a 58 for the Nikon. I don’t find any real difference between 50 and a few mm more, you get used to it. Fills the middle bit ok for me but I’m generally a 35/85 shooter.

With the delivery date quote of 8-10th January it's probably an import too but without Panamoz's 3 yr warranty. The seller is Technolove and not Amazon. Amazons price is 1849
Ah, it was Prime delivery 2 days ago and fulfilled by Amazon and priced at £1770. :(

Last edited:
As a break from my normal postings, I managed to get to YWP today and play with the 100-400. I also decided to test the Super-35 mode and was impressed with how useful it is. Although I’ve decided that the menu button is in the wrong place on the A7Riim it would also be helpful to be able to ad=sign it to a custom button or function menu. Anyway here are a couple

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Just out of interest, what Nikon kit did you have and why are you changing?
I had the D750 and Nikon 85mm 1.8 and 35 sigma 1.4. I still have a d7100 and 50mm 1.4 as a second body

Main reasons to switching is silent shooting (although prob won’t use this that much), but biggest thing is being able to use the back of the screen for different angels and being able to see exposure before I take the pics, should open up time for more creativeness. I’d like to get a smaller walk around lens too, D750 was a little bulk for every day use, although appreciate there’s not going to be much in it with the sigma 35 on the a7iii.

Heard rumours of the d760 announcement next month so thought I’d sell before losts of people start selling theirs for an upgrade

Back