The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

They told me to return it to Amazon…barstewards :p

Now I can't buy any until I know they are either all recalled or fixed or something.

The update definitely fixed the problem.

Are you using your A7iii alongside the 5D for work Raymond or is it either/or? Read quite a bit lately from people liking the EOS R in use. Wondered whether you’ll run the 5D’s into the ground and keep both systems.

The update definitely fixed the problem.

Are you using your A7iii alongside the 5D for work Raymond or is it either/or? Read quite a bit lately from people liking the EOS R in use. Wondered whether you’ll run the 5D’s into the ground and keep both systems.

Natural light I use the Sony, flashes and macro work I use the Canon. Purely because I don't have any flashes and macro for the Sony. I could use an adaptor but Macro work is done with tripod and stills anyway so DR and AF isn't a factor.

p.s. I haven't updated the firmware yet as I haven't had access to a PC.

Natural light I use the Sony, flashes and macro work I use the Canon. Purely because I don't have any flashes and macro for the Sony. I could use an adaptor but Macro work is done with tripod and stills anyway so DR and AF isn't a factor.

p.s. I haven't updated the firmware yet as I haven't had access to a PC.

The godox system is certainly superb for the money. Macro, as in, a ring shot?

Are you intending to ditch the Canon eventually?

The godox system is certainly superb for the money. Macro, as in, a ring shot?

Are you intending to ditch the Canon eventually?

Macro as in lens.

I only have 1 Godox flash so my experience with it is sub-par. 6 out of 20 didn't hire. That is 30%.

2wDAd6Q.png

Macro as in lens.

I only have 1 Godox flash so my experience with it is sub-par. 6 out of 20 didn't hire. That is 30%.

2wDAd6Q.png

Mine were very reliable on the Nikon. Haven’t used much with the Sony yet but I did have a situation yesterday when the little 350 stopped firing. Turned it off and remounted, to get it to work again. See how it goes.

They told me to return it to Amazon…barstewards :p

Now I can't buy any until I know they are either all recalled or fixed or something.

It’s fixed now with latest update.

Yeah all 6 of my new cards were replaced with UHSII cards, they told me to send back to amazon but I told them I couldn’t because I’d already opened them ;)

I think I will build a NUC next year to run alongside my iMac, just for PS/LR work, and I will update it then.

What's that suppose to mean? it either works or doesn't work. You can't exactly half upgrade the fw :D

It works just fine if you follow all the instructions :)

I thought it was clunky at best. Eventually worked and didn’t do anything different, following the instructions.

It doesn't work for many who have Osx. Get windows. Always been the best

its because they haven't followed the instructions. If it works on my OSX is should on others too. there is lot less variance in Macs unlike windows. So chances are very very high that if it works on one it'll work on the rest.

p.s. for the record I also have a windows laptop. they all have pros and cons like cameras. There is nothing about windows that makes the rubbish clunky upgrade process of Sonys any better.

I thought it was clunky at best. Eventually worked and didn’t do anything different, following the instructions.

Like you said yourself its clunky regardless of the OS you use. Sony needs to fix that make it easier to upgrade. For example allow to copy a file to SD card and update from there.

what do you mean by "eventually" it worked. Last thing I want is brick the thing.

If your camera is in warranty they'll fix that free of charge. I don't think its that easy to brick your camera but best be careful I guess.

But Sony seem a bit more committed to actually upgrading their cameras with firmware. Nikon weren’t exactly good in this regard.

Taken today with my A7iii, any criticism is valued. :)

Woodland

Would be better Portrait - as the path is the line
The lamp post is off so needs tilted.
The light on the right side in the dark is distracting
The colour can be used more to your advantage to make a even a stronger impact. I would adjust the contrast, make the "shine" more prominent in the darkness.

Last edited:
I like the it but the vignetting is a bit much for my liking. I'd crop the sides a little (~10% on all sides). It might work well as a sqare crop too if you are into that kinda thing :)
I have cropped it equally on all sides, any better?

7gSTL0M.jpg

Would be better Portrait - as the path is the line
The lamp post is off so needs tilted.
The light on the right side in the dark is distracting
The colour can be used more to your advantage to make a even a stronger impact.
Nothing i can do about the lamp post, it's wonky and has been pulled out the ground :p
The light in the dark i can PS out. I did think about taking the shot in portrait, what would you do to the colour?

It's amazing what you can do when you know what all the buttons do in LR and PS :p I think it look me longer to take the shot than it did for you to edit it :D Thank you. :) That's a lot better than mine. :)

Some from the last few days, as always with the Sony 85mm f/1.8, it's having to be an allrounder as it's my only FF Sony lenso_O

DSC03700 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04217-2 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04216 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04182 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04215 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04241-2 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04641 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03691 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr
Lovely sharp images, reminds me I need to use mine more. Love the shots on the beach

Lovely sharp images, reminds me I need to use mine more. Love the shots on the beach

Thanks, it's quite a versatile lens I'm finding through necessity. Looking forward to getting a 70-200 and something wider eventually. Since I upgraded to the A7 III I've been conscious of not buying cheap glass for it so I want to wait until I can afford something decent.

Some from the last few days, as always with the Sony 85mm f/1.8, it's having to be an allrounder as it's my only FF Sony lenso_O

DSC03700 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04217-2 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04216 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04182 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04215 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04241-2 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC04641 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03691 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Wow!

No2 for me but all are fantastic!

Back