The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I’m assuming you’re happy with your 200-600 then, we’re you not tempted to have both?
I thought at first that I would keep them both but it's really a question of duplication, couldn’t justify having 2 lenses that did essentially the same thing so as I need the reach more than anything else then the longer lens is better for me.

Also my wife is happier seeing more money in the bank account although she is supportive of me pursuing my hobby. There is so much about the 100-400 to love but I have to be practical.

Probably a lot scarier how much you lose on it all
I'm trying not to think about it :oops: :$

TBH I've enjoyed using it, and it's been a lot cheaper than renting it for all this time :LOL:

That's true but the new stuff is new while all the lubricants in the mechanical bits of that old stuff has been ever so slowly drying out whilst the moving parts wear and the solder and cables holding the electricals together has been slowly degrading.

That's true but the new stuff is new while all the lubricants in the mechanical bits of that old stuff has been ever so slowly drying out whilst the moving parts wear and the solder and cables holding the electricals together has been slowly degrading.
Ermmm :D

When i sold my Canon gear i did not see it as a loss as i had the enjoyment out of using it and the sale got me the new tec a7r4 a9mkII em1x about 6 lenses and 3 converters and a bit of cash left over i don't regret it one bit .
Rob.

When I sold my Canon stuff I got more second hand than I paid new for a couple of lenses. It wasn't planned and was just good luck as I bought and sold at the right time for me. I doubt that'll happen these days but it could if the Corona virus disrupts supply and people turn to the used market.

As I've said before and as I suspect you'll all know he's said clearly and often that he doesn't publish reviews of stuff he doesn't like so a review in which he likes something shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Only the extent of his enthusiasm should vary.

I remember a while back he was hassled and pestered into publishing a review of something Panasonic (I think) which he'd previously said he wasn't going to publish as he'd tried it and didn't like it and that was the only negative review I remember reading from him.

Anyway. For those used to him and how he works it's there. I do like his reviews as he is IMO enthusiastic, entertaining and honest but his like any other opinion / review should maybe only be a part of the picture when you're thinking about getting something.

As I've said before and as I suspect you'll all know he's said clearly and often that he doesn't publish reviews of stuff he doesn't like so a review in which he likes something shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Only the extent of his enthusiasm should vary.

I remember a while back he was hassled and pestered into publishing a review of something Panasonic (I think) which he'd previously said he wasn't going to publish as he'd tried it and didn't like it and that was the only negative review I remember reading from him.

Anyway. For those used to him and how he works it's there. I do like his reviews as he is IMO enthusiastic, entertaining and honest but his like any other opinion / review should maybe only be a part of the picture when you're thinking about getting something.
I agree, I do enjoy watching his videos..... :) I wonder if he'll review the Fuji X100V mmmmm :D

Well it's done. Picked up the 100-400mm whilst I was there as there was an offer if bought with the camera, in total saved £600 off the camera and lens :)

Will till the z7 ii comes out pmsl

I took last one 20 mins ago
:LOL:

They wouldn't dare give you Riz's, he's their best customer ;)

35mm f2.8's arrived, 45mm f1.8 coming this afternoon and the 24mm f2.8 and 28-70mm should be here tomorrow, that should keep me going for a while :LOL:

Back