The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I was there in February, i hated it at first, but after 2 days i fell in love with the place, i didn't have a proper camera though, just my phone and a gopro 4 black. I can't wait to get my A6500 there, just wish i could get a 10-18 before i go though but i doubt it.

My Mrs family are in Chonburi so that's where we stay. I love the restaurants and little coffee/milk shake places they have. You can eat out at a different place twice a day and stop for as many drinks as you like :D I do love the place but I can't spend too long there as I can't take the heat and humidity, two weeks in April nearly killed me.

@woof woof - You could change the title to "The Contentious & Amazing Sony e-mount Mega Thread!"

Now that reminds we do we have any Sony a-mount users on this forum? I haven't come across any :eek:

Ok quick pole on what i should buy as my iterim lens -

Sony 16-50mm PZ
or
Sony 18-55mm

@woof woof - You could change the title to "The Contentious & Amazing Sony e-mount Mega Thread!"
Now that reminds we do we have any Sony a-mount users on this forum? I haven't come across any :eek:

We have a Sony alpha 200 which I got out of a dusty Billingham bag, charged the battery up, and used only a few weeks ago...

Who changed the title. I'm out now. Take it easy guys.
That's a bit dramatic isn't it? It's only a thread on a forum, not the rule book for Sony A7's!
Where's the a7/a9 thread

oh dear, I was just having a bit of fun :D as I liked Chris's comment that this is the most contentious thread in the Universe :D but if people are getting upset and / or confused I'll change it to something... else... like "The A7/9/A5xxx/A6xxx/Alpha Mega Thread!" I think "Mega Thread!" adds a bit of vavavoom so I'd like to keep that bit on the end :D

:D

Last edited:
Of the Camera, or from the Camera - plenty here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150106760@N05/

however I feel like I'm missing out on some forum in joke?

M

No in joke as such but there has been a bit of discussion about if this thread should contain pretty pictures or just gear related pictures (maybe showing what the gear can do.) Personally I like technical related pictures and pretty pictures too just for the sake of them :D

No in joke as such but there has been a bit of discussion about if this thread should contain pretty pictures or just gear related pictures (maybe showing what the gear can do.) Personally I like technical related pictures and pretty pictures too just for the sake of them :D

I'm happy with my 2nd hand a77, but it's not a very photogenic beast in it's own right.

I think the thread should be called "Sony A7 / A9 Series"

But what about the A5xxx/6xxx/Other users?

Would you see them alone, cold, lonely and starving on the street?

"The Amazing Sony A7/A9/Other Mega Thread!"?

how about "Sony cameras that Sony's is yet to abandon" thread? :p

p.s. APS-C e-mount falls in the abandoned category in my books (along with the long time member a-mount)

Last edited:
Is there not a little too much thought going into this? It's a Sony thread, for Sony users so why not cover all areas? Even just E/FE mount would be good enough as all lenses/accessories are compatible (lenses in crop mode on FE bodies) and anyone who isn't sure could just ask.

I'd hate for this thread to become a snobby willy-waving thread for just the highest end kit.

How come there's no canon or nikon thread? I think we should have an A7 series only and a A9 series

Because nobody has created a generic Canon or Nikon thread?

You created a separate A9 thread and it died because everyone thought it made more sense to keep the Sony talk together so we can all help each other/share ideas.

Help yourself with the A9 thread but I reckon this one will be busier.

Last edited:
Back