The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I forgot to add the Samyang 12mm, but I also need a 35mm, as I had to trade the siggie 35 art in too, but it was a heavy beastie with the MC11 converter!

I need a 35mm again, I traded the siggie 35mm art in too, but it was a beastie with the MC11 converter.

I forgot to add the samyang 12mm which I seem to have stored for use as a paperweight :)

Last edited:
Any interest in doing a little stock take of what everyone has?

Me -

A7 (ordered before they hit the shops and still going strong) :D
28-70mm kit lens. Unused :D
35mm f2.8.
55mm f1.8.
Various old manual lenses.
Minolta Rokkor 24, 28mm f2.8's, 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.2, 1.4, 85mm f2, 135mm f2.8, Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro.
Olympus Zuiko 24, 28mm f2.8's, 50mm f1.8, f1.4, 85mm f2, 135mm f3.5.
Canon FD 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8.
An old Tokina 70-210mm.

If people fancy seeing what we all have maybe they could copy and past so we get a list rather than a post here and there.
Thought this was in the sigs.

A7R2
Loxia 21
Sony 28
Sony/Zeiss 55
Zeiss Batis 85

Fuji XT-2
Fuji XT-2 Vertical Booster Grip
Fuji XT-2 Metal Grip Extension
Fujinon 10-24mm f4
Fujinon 16-55mm f2.8
Fujinon 50-140mm f2.8 + 1.4x TC
35mm f2.0
56mm f1.2
90mm f2.0
Nissin Air1
Nissin i60a
Nissin i60a
A few bags, cleaning items, SD cards & batteries.

:D

A7R2
A9
14mm samyang
25mm batis
55mm zeiss Sony
85mm batis.

I wanna get one of those g master lenses everyone raves about.

They are awesome but test out the 70-200mm f2.8 GM first as mine didn't impress me that much more than the G f4 version.
Having owned the Zeiss Batis 85mm f1.8 and 85mm 1.4 G Master, the Batis was more snappier to focus but perhaps this speed of the 85mm 1.4 GM is improved on the Sony A9.
I also owned the 24-70mm f2.8 GM and this is one sharp lens edge to edge, if you wanted you could easily replace your primes if you can get by with f2.8.
Overall the G Masters are build like tanks and are among the best lenses made, you just have to pay for them as they are not cheap. :(

They are awesome but test out the 70-200mm f2.8 GM first as mine didn't impress me that much more than the G f4 version.
Having owned the Zeiss Batis 85mm f1.8 and 85mm 1.4 G Master, the Batis was more snappier to focus but perhaps this speed of the 85mm 1.4 GM is improved on the Sony A9.
I also owned the 24-70mm f2.8 GM and this is one sharp lens edge to edge, if you wanted you could easily replace your primes if you can get by with f2.8.
Overall the G Masters are build like tanks and are among the best lenses made, you just have to pay for them as they are not cheap. :(

The 85mm g master is still faster than the Fuji 56mm. The difference is like night and day.

Re the 70-200 I think that's testament to the f4 version. A lens can only get so sharp.

The 85mm g master is still faster than the Fuji 56mm. The difference is like night and day.

Re the 70-200 I think that's testament to the f4 version. A lens can only get so sharp.

Yes I agree, its faster than the Fujinon 56mm f1.2 but its also more expensive :D lol
I didn't spend too much time with the 70-200mm GM nor could I do back to back tests..... but yes the G f4 versions is a cracking lens for the money.

Never seen so many photos from people with a camera ;) anyone take any, any more or just like to chat about them lol
Well said that man!
"Talk Equipment->All the camera owners>Sony..." doesn't seem appropriately named for images TBH
There have been some images before in here by a few stalwarts [woof-woof & jonneymendoza to name but two] but I think all the GAS has quite understandably got peeps "TALKing EQUIPMENT"
If there was the will, wouldn't it be possible to have a Sony thread such as "Sony Images" [or whatever] so that folks in this thread could join such that they blether in here about gear but will commit to bunging some images in a sister thread?

Photo's you say... here is one... taken on the Sony A7RII with Zeiss 55mm f1.8 :D

About pictures. v words.

This section of the forum is about gear and isn't necessarily a place to post pretty pictures.

The pictures I've posted in here have often been to show what the gear can do (or as it's me... what it can't do with me pressing the buttons and how I can f*** it up big style...) but I also post pretty not really showing off the gear pictures too :D

I like pictures :D but I can't really complain if people just want to talk as this is the gear section and there are about a million threads on this forum to post pictures (landscape, portrait etc... there are hundreds of them...) if people don't want to post them here :D

Anyway...

DSC07299.JPG

So I said "How come when you wear jeans and a T shirt you look gorgeous and sexy and stylish and when I wear one I look like a scruffy bloke in jeans and a T shirt?"

She said...

No I better not tell you :D

Last edited:
After a few options of a A7R paired with the 24-70 f4, I know someone who might be selling this pair. It would used for landscapes, I recently went from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-2 mainly for the weight and while I do love the Fuji I been lusting after 36mp again.
Certainly don't want to go back down the Nikon route.
So any first hand opinions would be appreciated.
Is the so called shutter shock any thing to worry about since must of mine would be shot with a tripod?
Many thanks in advance.

After a few options of a A7R paired with the 24-70 f4, I know someone who might be selling this pair. It would used for landscapes, I recently went from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-2 mainly for the weight and while I do love the Fuji I been lusting after 36mp again.
Certainly don't want to go back down the Nikon route.
So any first hand opinions would be appreciated.
Is the so called shutter shock any thing to worry about since must of mine would be shot with a tripod?
Many thanks in advance.

Shutter shock can be an issue and the 2470 f4 isn't very good.

Any interest in doing a little stock take of what everyone has?

Me -

A7 (ordered before they hit the shops and still going strong) :D
28-70mm kit lens. Unused :D
35mm f2.8.
55mm f1.8.
Various old manual lenses.
Minolta Rokkor 24, 28mm f2.8's, 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.2, 1.4, 85mm f2, 135mm f2.8, Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro.
Olympus Zuiko 24, 28mm f2.8's, 50mm f1.8, f1.4, 85mm f2, 135mm f3.5.
Canon FD 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8.
An old Tokina 70-210mm.

If people fancy seeing what we all have maybe they could copy and past so we get a list rather than a post here and there.

Bit late to the party, but my list
A6000
A7rii
Sony 28-70mm fe f2.8
Sony 70-200mm fe f4
Sony 55mm f1.8
Sony 28mm f2
MC-11
Sigma 24-105mm f4- canon mount
Sigma 105mm f2.8 macro canon mount
Sigma 35mm f1.4 canon mount
Tamron 150-600mm Sony a mount with la-ea 3

I forgot to add the Samyang 12mm, but I also need a 35mm, as I had to trade the siggie 35 art in too, but it was a heavy beastie with the MC11 converter!

Gotta Love the Samyang 12mm:

DSC05227.jpg

and a 200% crop from the middle:

DSC05227_1.jpg

From same JPG straight out of the camera.

Love it.

Cheers Twist I did read some stuff that mentioned what you said just wanted some first hand reviews. Look like I might give it a miss then don't really want to spend the cash the A7R11 cost along with the price of the f2.8 24-70.
Thanks again.

I had a couple of copies of the 24-70 f4 a few years back, there seems to be huge sample variation, if you get a good one its a good lens, not as good as the f2.8 but good. However if you get a bad one its truly awful.

Back