The Angler / Photographer

Number 1 is my favourite, the 'clean lines' are terrific. l like the colours in number two and I think that the third shot lacks the impact of the others because the foreground takes your eye away from the main interest.

No2 for me, the inclusion of the rising sun makes it a little bit special.

Absolutely love the first one, very striking

Number 1 is my favourite, the 'clean lines' are terrific. l like the colours in number two and I think that the third shot lacks the impact of the others because the foreground takes your eye away from the main interest.

No2 for me, the inclusion of the rising sun makes it a little bit special.

First one is great

Thanks everyone, much appreciated

Really like #2/4 wonder if he is taking a photo of you :D probably saw the glint of the massive front element of the 150-600

:D

number 2 for me !

Numbers 2 and 4 for my taste but would be happy with any of 'em! (I've got a similar angler shot but against a sunset and with less lighthouse. The lighthouse is Chania's in Crete as well!)

[boringfact]The lighthouse at Berry Head is the highest but shortest in the UK (IIRC). It stands atop high cliffs but is itself not a tall building.[/boringfact]!

No.1 and 2 for me, lovely colours.

number 2 for me !

All good but love the simple bold shapes and colours in #2

I really love all the photos. Contrary to the above, I like 3 and 4 that bit more for the foreground interest. I love these sweeping landscapes that seem to capture from your toes to the clouds.

1st one brilliant

Numbers 2 and 4 for my taste but would be happy with any of 'em! (I've got a similar angler shot but against a sunset and with less lighthouse. The lighthouse is Chania's in Crete as well!)

[boringfact]The lighthouse at Berry Head is the highest but shortest in the UK (IIRC). It stands atop high cliffs but is itself not a tall building.[/boringfact]!

1 or 2 would happily be hanging from my wall, thanks for sharing..

I think the last one is stunning.

1 and 2 are just sublime images.

Many thanks for all the kind comments, much appreciated. :)

Love the first 2 especially no 2 with the sunset, is there a lot of PP in the first 2- not a criticism just curious. Thanks

I love one.
Two has some DoF issues at the front. Nothing a crop wouldn't fix.Some evidence of banding too...
The other two I don't like. Cloudless skies, large areas of black. I know the scene, total exposure nightmare but the long lens and sillhouttes of the other two work so well.

No 2 for me. I actually think no 1 would be better as a square crop and possibly losing the tripod but it's still a cracking image.
Thanks Wayne

Love the first 2 especially no 2 with the sunset, is there a lot of PP in the first 2- not a criticism just curious. Thanks
Thanks Keith, hardly any processing all done within Camera RAW, think I added gradient in Sky on 2nd so this might be where slight banding came from on compressed version.

I love one.
Two has some DoF issues at the front. Nothing a crop wouldn't fix.Some evidence of banding too...
The other two I don't like. Cloudless skies, large areas of black. I know the scene, total exposure nightmare but the long lens and sillhouttes of the other two work so well.
Cheers Steve, not sure what you mean by DoF issues at the front, can see the slight banding but checked and not evident on full res version, might take the gradient off anyway as doesn't make much difference. With regards to the other 2 they were just fillers for the set really, need a better sky for the WA shots.

The front of the sea looks blurred. Check at 100% res. It looks soft and the front then in focus therin. It's only the bottom 1/8th or so
Ah ok, that doesn't bother me at all if I'm honest, I actually like the DoF. I would rather keep the format 16:9 and not crop off the bottom.

very good, especially as it's a self portrait:)

you must be able to row quickly
Haha, I was using my powerboat Bill!!! ;)

@ST4 Steve, whats the best format jpg saving to help stop banding? I'm currently using progressive but as soon as I save any images with strong gradients banding appears. There is no banding on my RAW or PSD files, it then appears slightly in high res jpg then more so in lower res files!

@ST4 Steve, whats the best format jpg saving to help stop banding? I'm currently using progressive but as soon as I save any images with strong gradients banding appears. There is no banding on my RAW or PSD files, it then appears slightly in high res jpg then more so in lower res files!

I tend to manage everything in Aperture 3 but level 10 output for this sort of use is fine.

No 1 for me great image straight lines really straight with the angler to the left,the sky completes a excellent image, pity no foreground to lead into it but otherwise great.
GEORGE.

Back