The art of advertising!!

very clever, advertiseing is mainly all psychology, product ergonomics play a huge part too,

Unfortunately, a lot of advertising these days is MORE subliminal than this! Next time you sit down and watch the TV actually question what the advert is trying to do to get you to buy the product. It always surprises me how easily the advertisers manage to use sex to sell a product without me even noticing. It's only when I actually sit there and think about it, it becomes apparent. grrrrrrr, I hate advertising.

gandhi said:
Unfortunately, a lot of advertising these days is MORE subliminal than this! Next time you sit down and watch the TV actually question what the advert is trying to do to get you to buy the product. It always surprises me how easily the advertisers manage to use sex to sell a product without me even noticing. It's only when I actually sit there and think about it, it becomes apparent. grrrrrrr, I hate advertising.

Yes Gandhi your so right. I am very aware when I watch the tele. I let my hubby know as well. He hates it when I point out to him that ads use alot of sex to sell men. As if buying a certain razor is gonna have women all over you,:p I don't know who believes it, but apparently it must work. They still use it.

Jewel

jewel said:
Yes Gandhi your so right. I am very aware when I watch the tele. I let my hubby know as well. He hates it when I point out to him that ads use alot of sex to sell men. As if buying a certain razor is gonna have women all over you,:p I don't know who believes it, but apparently it must work. They still use it.

Jewel

I'm sure it works the other way round too. I've definately seen adverts for kitchen equipment and cleaning products that feature well 'defined' men.

Well, David Beckham advertises Gillette, and if it's to be believed then shaving will get Victoria Beckham throwing herself at me.
So I've been growing a beard for a couple of weeks, just incase ;)

Marcel said:
Well, David Beckham advertises Gillette, and if it's to be believed then shaving will get Victoria Beckham throwing herself at me.
So I've been growing a beard for a couple of weeks, just incase ;)

"So Victoria...what first attracted you to the Millionare David Beckham?"

The lighting in shot 4 is just lovely. Was that off topic? ;)

Back