The Artist

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really not sure about this, what do you guys think.

the more I look at it, the less I think it works.

Crw_3450_rt161x.jpg

wow, I personally think this is fantastic, an artist capturing an artist doing art.
I love the reflections in the puddle and the way the reflection fades out further down you come, it gives the guys reflection a very haunting feel, and the sky is simply awsome. Im not much of a black and white fan but i really do think this works really well with your image.
Was this a candid or did he know you were there.

Wow, thanks for the reply, it always helps to see an image through another persons eyes.

I guess a candid is simply put as the other person does not know your shooting them, then if so, this is not, as I spoke to the guy beforehand as I did not want me going clickity click behind him to put him off.

Thanks for that.

its very good Kris, cant really see anything wrong at all, though i might have been tempted to get a shot of him at the lower corner and all that sky above him too, just to see which worked best! But i really like the shot, works well

Yes, I like it too, suits B=W really well. Cant really think of how it could be improved at all. I'd be proud of that shot.

Great visualisation this. I'd have like to see the other you shot at the same time - I'd have moved slightly to the right so that the reflection of the painter is more prominent against the white of the cloud and maybe shot a few in landscape (I'm sure you did).
The reflection is just a little bit 'lost'.
Other than that, really good...

I think the exposure is spot on, Kris, but (and this is only my opinion) the bottom half of the image and the very top holds very little interest for me - I reckon it'd look better as a landscape shot...

Liberalis_Artist.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Arkady said:
I'd have moved slightly to the right so that the reflection of the painter is more prominent against the white of the cloud and maybe shot a few in landscape (I'm sure you did).

Your right I did, but like a numpty, I deleted the rest of that folder! D'oh!

Nice edit Chris, I like the square format on that.

For those who enjoy a fettle, here's the colour shot:

Crw_3450_rt161x2.jpg

Excellent capture - have to be honest, I prefer the original, I think the reflection shows clarity in the shot.

Well Done:thumb:

for once i wish i hadnt seen the colour version of an image, not sure what it is but the colour takes something away from the photo now. ( as u guess im crap at explaining lol) :D

ahh got it now, the black and white version had me wondering why he was painting as it was hard to tell what type of day it was, i think the guy in the black and white had an element of stranger about him with the dark clothing, now its colour its all changed hows that for an interpretation lol , its the scots mind. :D

Its a great shot - keep flicking between the B/W and the colour and have to say they are both very good, unusual that a shot works in both styles but for me this one does, the BW has more highlighting which is great for detail, while the colour almost pulls you into the shot as if you are there.

The refection is great because its almost ghost like.
:thumb:

Warspite said:
Its a great shot - keep flicking between the B/W and the colour and have to say they are both very good, unusual that a shot works in both styles but for me this one does, the BW has more highlighting which is great for detail, while the colour almost pulls you into the shot as if you are there.

The refection is great because its almost ghost like.
:thumb:
I'd agree with all that. I really like the mono but the colour has something too. Cool shot...I think the crop does work but it's a shame about loosing the reflection, which I feel adds to the image.

Back