The Artist's Pride

Edit My Images
No
ArtistsPride100.jpg

Nice picture (the photo, I mean!)... wouldn't mind seeing the colour version though.

Also the pic is a bit on the large side for this forum - 800px across longest edge and max 160kb. :)

By the way - :welcome:

Agree - 'tis a nice one ... maybe cropping the overlapping canvas out ? It distracts (me anyway) just a tad ? :ponders:

And ... ditto welcome ! Assume you have yet to introduce yourself via the Welcome forum ? :thumb:

I like it - exposure is spot on, but find the crease behind his left hand very distracting...

very good idea Tuna, thanks for resizing, and welcome!

I like this, don't now why...it reminds me of the photos in my Rowan Knitting magazines. Sort of serious but modern too. Is there a name for that type of fashion photography?

This really apeals to me, I like that acurate untouched scene, using the overlap on the tent/marqee in the comp I like, also the title works, seems a little like sarcasm as he does'nt look all that proud, lol

personally I would not change a thing, nice one and welcome.

Lovely shot this - reminds me of an Irving Penn image from his world in a travelling studio series.

Hello Tuna and welcome to the forums. I like the pic too but I do find the background a bit distracting as well. Too many folds and creases for my liking.

Cheers,

Jules :)

Great capture.....like the slight smirk on the kids face

I like it as it is. If it wasn't for the kid's modern clothes, his stance and expression are reminscent of some of those very early B&W photos. :)

Or this one...which I actually thought of when I saw it.

billy2.jpg

Billy The Kid. :D

Ahhh... proper photographers using proper cameras - wet collodion and gum bichromate... yummy...

Thank you for the warm welcome as well as for your comments and critique.

Arkady, last year I attended an impressive Penn exhibit that showed about 60 of his platinum prints, including the one you have posted here. It's very nice that you think my photo may have a small something that reminds you of it...

Tuna

Back