The barley field

Edit My Images
No
A shot of a barley field on the Lincolnshire Wolds near Hameringham.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/05/john-barleycorn.html

Barley-near-Hameringham.jpg

Nice lead in lines to the tree, well done.

Yep lovely shot with superb composition! Now that is using thirds!!!

Simple, clean, effective, punchy.... great! :clap:

As a matter of interest what would this look like in mono? :thinking: maybe darken the sky a little with a ND (digital of course!)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The cereal crops at this time of year (before the weeds, wind damage etc) really lend themselves to clean, minimalist images. Skies like that one help too :). I looked at this in b&w Clawz, but it needed a lot more contrast to work, and that changed the character of the shot quite a bit. On the colour version I tweaked the contrast in the sky a small amount, and applied a contrast mask to the barley to bring out more detail.

Regards, Tony

Nice shot, sort of reminds me of the little house on the prairie, that old tv show when the family were running down the hill in the opening titles. It's much better than that of course. (y)

No need to say any more, :1st: class...:clap:

(y) the tree, the tracks, the clouds - all excellent stuff!

A good example of less is more-and those tracks are so important for the composition.

Good work.

Blimey, I haven't been keeping up with this. Thanks for the further comments everyone. Incidentally, on this one I used my legs to clear the image of the hedge line that the tree is part of, by going down from the road into the field edge and crouching down low. Saved loads of work in Photoshop :).

Regards, Tony

Tony,What setting where ued in this shot - A lovey simple st which remins me of the digital image youet with winows XP, Simple enough foeveryone to like and enjoy
Well done.

This is the basics Gazedd - heaven knows why I had Image Stabilisation On.

Camera: Olympus E510
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 46mm (92mm/35mm equiv.)
F No: f7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/1000
ISO: 100
Exposure Compensation: -0.7 EV
Image Stabilisation: On

Regards, Tony

Back