The beauty of Luang Probang

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

New to the forum and thought I share a few shots from Luang Probang where I visited last year. It's also where I started taking a more keen interest in photography after bumping into a pro who taught me the basics. It's been a slippery slope ever since :D . These shots were my first foray into being more deliberate in my photography...any comments are as ever welcome. All the shots were done with Nikon D3000 with kit lens.

DSC0529-XL.jpg

DSC0547-XL.jpg

DSC0586-XL.jpg

DSC0636-XL.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

The first one is a very good scene. But you do seem to have the white balance wrong - it has a very red tinge on my screen and the blues are off. Did you have auto WB set? I also think it would have been better to get that right side boat completely in (or out) of the shot, rather than cutting it.

Edit of shot with WB cooled.

edit.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

The first one is a very good scene. But you do seem to have the white balance wrong - it has a very red tinge on my screen and the blues are off. Did you have auto WB set? I also think it would have been better to get that right side boat completely in (or out) of the shot, rather than cutting it.

]

Thanks for the advice. I will have a look at the WB again and I agree it looks better with a cooler setting.....not quite sure what I did to get it as it turned out!

I have a few shots of this with the boats in and out and will have a look back and see what other ones I have. My initial concern was the boat turning into the picture and if this was distracting or not?

My personal preference is the last shot, but Luang Probang is just so photogenic that you can shoot anything and it looks good ;)

Back