The beginning of a long and winding road :)

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot Eilidh and Williams wedding in Skye last week. It rain relentlessly all day, howling wind and up to our knees in mud but these guys kept smiling. An absolute pleasure to spend their day with them. Soaked to the skin but grinning from ear to ear. I wanted this shot to symbolise them embarking on a great adventure together.

The long winding road ahead by Michael Carver, on Flickr

AFAIC you (generic) can nit-pick about this picture till the cows come home, but from the POV of any bride and professional wedding photography in general, it's brilliant.

Well done :clap:

Inspired storytelling without being cheesy & lovely composition, well done for getting the couple to agree to try it!

It might just be the landscape but it feels as though the horizon is off and everything is about to slide to the right of the frame. Or is it just me?

An unusual type of wedding shot Michael, but for me this works very well indeed.(y)

George.

This is a peach of an image, I really like how you have taken control of the weather and used it to your advantage, rather than allowing the weather to gain the upper hand.

Intelligently and creatively done.

Thanks guys - I am pretty pleased with it, Not for the quality of the photo but just for the fact we managed to leave with something. It might not be apparent in the photo but the wind and rain were lashing us. I had to keep my camera under a wooly hat to keep the lens dry then fire off a quick few shots as quick as I could. Straight after the shot they dived back to the road side for jackets :)

I think it's awesome, but I agree with Danny re the cloning.

Cheers - Ill have a look at original and see if the cloning improves it.

Superb shot Michael, I love it.(y)

fantastic wedding memory shot. as for the cloning , dont mind the bollards as they are dark but the little white sign stands out just because its white blob in a sea of darker area.. and those pink boots/ shoes... somehow just add something extra to it

Back