The best camera...

Edit My Images
No
So we all know they saying, but today it was very true as the only camera I had with me was my phone and I managed to grab this...

Untitled by ashtennisguru, on Flickr

very pleased to have been able to freeze the water splashes and the jump, plus to actually get the "shutter" to fire at the right moment.

*Note to self: next year take actual camera!

Wow, that shows how good phone cameras are now.

I love the splashes still in the air behind the horse.

Exif points to a Sony. A Sony Xperia T to be exact.

I really wish they would start looking at putting a decent zoom into them now.

Lovely shot! :)

I really wish they would start looking at putting a decent zoom into them now.

They have! :D

Sony are releasing or have already released attachable lenses for their phones and Samsung have a phone/camera with a great zoom, dedicated shutter button and decent ergonomics fit for a compact camera but the phone isn't the best :)

Lovely shot! :)

They have! :D

Sony are releasing or have already released attachable lenses for their phones and Samsung have a phone/camera with a great zoom, dedicated shutter button and decent ergonomics fit for a compact camera but the phone isn't the best :)

Not really. They are developing cameras with phone capabilities. For the device to be seamless and unnoticeable they need to develop zooms which do not protrude from the device, much like what Nokia is doing with their pureview line up.

I like the idea of the Samsung galaxy camera phone with a 10x optic, however, i do not want the bulk of that in my pocket as 9 times out of 10 it will end up damaged.

great
I have the sony xperia S and find it quite good, as long as it's responding properly
the worst enemy to it, apart from lack of light, is just the responsiveness if it's not feeling very good that day!
nice shot

Cheers guys, yep was well chuffed to managed to capture the water splashes in the lead up to the fence.

Matt, you're right about the responsiveness, I had to pre-focus and recompose (to ensure an more even exposure) for a long time before the horse arrived, just to get a quicker "shutter" fire - took a couple of riders through before I nailed it! In that respect it's one of my better accomplishments in photography (at least in the sense of getting the image I wanted on limited equipment!)

You were quick! Do you have your phone set to camera when you go about your business?

Sorry - just responded to image, not to the responses. I see you were more prepared than I initially thought. Great image though, especially for a phone.

Back