The best gig you've ever been to?

Small Faces 1960something-City Hall Newcastle
Major Lance-The Torch-Stoke -early 70's

Another gig was a fairly high profile death metal band with a name that would cause offence here played a show in my Crappy City of Peterborough. They have been one of my fav bands since i first moved into the scene, so for them to play my local venue was awesome, and yes, i got to photograph them :D

Would that be Anal **** by any chance?

The Rolling Stones 'A Bigger Bang' was good but the 'Bridges to Babylon' tour was even better. They've got a lot of energy (still) and give it lallday. Also a nice mix of young and old followers.

Best gig was Rage Against the Machine in London's Wembley Arena. Amazing, simply amazing. Asian Dub Foundation were the support and they too were amazing.

Pearl Jam is a close second for me.

INXS on 'Get Out Of The House' tour in '93. Michael Hutchence held my hand and sang Mystify ... I was a wobbly mess

:eek: So jealous!!

Best gigs for me would be;

Robert Plant - Edinburgh Corn Exchnage 2005

Also seen little band called Black Stone Cherry and can confidently say they are best band I have ever seen live. Saw them last night so Im still on a high! :D

Saying Cancer Bats was the best gig. I lie. Gojira had to be bloody awesome.
Great atmospere, great band, and great support (The Eyes of a Traitor)

CKY Next (y)

Reading this thread I thought I had mine nailed but then I keep thinking other stuff so there will probably be a couple of edits.

Some of my dates might be out, in a moment of madness I chucked all my gig tickets away :bonk: it's not like they were taking up much room!

The Alarm - Newcastle City Hall 1984 - First live gig and I thought the support act were so good I bought their single (The Escape Club - Resue Me)
Wasp - Newcastle City Hall 1986? So cheesy
The Black Crowes - Newcastle Riverside 1990?
Freak Power - Newcastle Riverside 1994ish
Reef - Riverside and Newcastle Uni
Most Recently - The Presidents of the USA - O2/Carling Academy 2008 - Newcastle - Brilliant!

I just remembered another - Brandi Carlise at the Sage Newcast 2008 - Fantastic

The Hamsters in Maidstone, 1999...

Tough one, Iron Maiden at Brixton Academy in 2001, or could've been 2002 was good. Ozzfest 2002 at Donington was good, despite the rain, and the fact I was very, very drunk...

Probably the best though was Slayer at the Astoria in 2002 (I think!). My favourite band at the time, seen them twice before at bigger venues and thought they were a bit average, but this show was awesome!

Alabama 3 (Brixton based country acid house rock), Billy Bragg and Amy Winehouse----------Awesome acts, oh and not forgetting AC/DC

Bon Jovi, summer 1995 at Don valley stadium. There must have been 80,000+ and it was a scorcher - brilliant.

Kicked off wth some crap LA rock band called Crown Of Thorns, then came Thunder (excellent), followed by none other than Van Halen - they were unforgettable. hen BJ came on and it rocked. Loved it to bits.

Just trumps seeing Dark Side Of The Moon in Hyde Park a few summers back.

It's a close one between Arctic Monkeys at the Academy in Birmingham and Foo Fighters at Wembley last year.

Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' show in Earls Court - Awesome
or
the 'Who Put The Boot In' show at the Vetch Field, Swansea - First time I saw a band use laser light.

Yes at Bingley Hall about '78 Going For The One tour (my first ever gig).
Seth Lakeman/The Levellers at Arley Hall last year. Rush somewhere in the 70's (the 70's and early 80's are a bit blurred to be honest). Show of Hands at Middlewich folk and boat festival in 2007 and Bob Fox & Stuart Luckley / Lau on sunday last.
Oh and any Hayseed Dixie gig, they're fantastic live.

Andy

Caught George Thorogood and the Destroyers at Bristol Colston Hall last weekend.If you get a chance to see them near you sell the wife and go.100mph full on blues rock with some of the best slide playing you will ever see.The guy is a great showman too.(y)(y)(y)

T
I saw Maximo Park at Liverpool Uni on Saturday night as was just blown away. An amazing gig, so full of energy from both the band

Maximo park are always amazing live. Know one of the band personally. Saw them Five times this year alone. They are epic live. Will see them at leeds festival too.

Killers for me 3rd time i saw them this year WOW amazing.. just love them.
For wow factor Nickelback on monday in newcastle was amazing. Supported by blackstone cherry. Was front row for both Killers and nickelback thank god for knowing the security.

Saw the wombats at evo festival in newcastle last sunday they were pritty good. But got a feeling kings of leon may top it off for me this year at Leeds festiva.

Back