The biggest drawing in the world

Is the resulting image to big for forum limits ? :LOL:

Seriously though, something about that isn't ringing right for me.

Why would a plane full of peoples parcels fly from the east coast of South America (Natal ?), out into the ocean and then back again ?

And all the circles for his hair, whats all that about ?

Sorry, just dont buy it !!

I'm prepared to be proved wrong !!

Why would a plane full of peoples parcels fly from the east coast of South America (Natal ?), out into the ocean and then back again ?

Was going to post re the hair etc but that about covers it..

poop dont think that would of happened, there is no way DHL would make a plane divert to make each curve like that.

Was going to post re the hair etc but that about covers it..

poop dont think that would of happened, there is no way DHL would make a plane divert to make each curve like that.

:LOL: Guys I don't think only one DHL vehicle was used to make the drawing :LOL:

It's more than possible to do if you think about it. Since DHL covers most of (if not all) of the world with deliveries!

:LOL: Guys I don't think only one DHL vehicle was used to make the drawing :LOL:

It's more than possible to do if you think about it. Since DHL covers most of (if not all) of the world with deliveries!

I'm sure DHL covers the whole world, but there's no way a standard plane (or ship) would make loops like those over the South Atlantic or just East of Madagascar. That's even before logistics 101 :wacky:

Unless this person chartered a whole plane for his suitcase (in which case he has more money than sense...)

Or am I missing something??

Maybe they sent it lots and lots of times, and only 'drew in' the relevant parts of each journey ;)

I must have missed the part where it said it was all done via a DHL aircraft? :shrug: They use land vehicles too right? And the loops for hair are quite easy to explain when you think that any flight has to make a return trip, presuming they don't take a straight line there and the exact straight line trip back :shrug:

I could be 100% wrong but I don't see any reason for it not being possible ...

I must have missed the part where it said it was all done via a DHL aircraft? :shrug: They use land vehicles too right? And the loops for hair are quite easy to explain when you think that any flight has to make a return trip, presuming they don't take a straight line there and the exact straight line trip back :shrug:

I could be 100% wrong but I don't see any reason for it not being possible ...

A return flight where though ?

If you follow that route from Natal out into the ocean, it doesn't go to any place, it just goes to nowhere, then back again, the same thing happens up near Norway. Theres nowt there !!

Sorry, but no, I'm not havin it !!

I had my tomtom in my hand luggage on a recent flight. I could only get a lock with it held to the window. normal viewing position and it lost signal. Suppose there could be more sensitive chips available but i don't buy it either due to reception problems.

Just wondering... do DHL make deliveries to cruise ships, and oil rigs? :shrug:

OK curiosity got the better of me and I decided to call DHL. I called the number for Customer Services International Air Express enquiries 08701 100 300, who were interested, but couldn't help with my questions about the locations out at sea. So they gave me the number for the head office in the UK and told me to ask for public relations. On calling them I spoke to a lady who was already aware of this and was in the middle of looking into it. She said they were currently trying to speak to the DHL HQ where this guy claimed to have negotiated the whole thing from to see if they could verify his claims. This is because they have had a few media enquiries today.

So she has taken my phone number and email and is going to let me know what she finds out :LOL:

OK curiosity got the better of me and I decided to call DHL. I called the number for Customer Services International Air Express enquiries 08701 100 300, who were interested, but couldn't help with my questions about the locations out at sea. So they gave me the number for the head office in the UK and told me to ask for public relations. On calling them I spoke to a lady who was already aware of this and was in the middle of looking into it. She said they were currently trying to speak to the DHL HQ where this guy claimed to have negotiated the whole thing from to see if they could verify his claims. This is because they have had a few media enquiries today.

So she has taken my phone number and email and is going to let me know what she finds out :LOL:

Good job! :clap:

I was wondering if DHL would deliver to places that didn't have names, just lat/long coordinates - like in the middle of the ocean! And what happens when they get there - just drop it in the ocean or on the roadside? Who picks it up and resends? Is it passed from one courier to another? Amazing feat if it's real, but would have been a mammoth sized technical operation.

Surely everyone at DHL would have known about this? Even use it as a campaign to show how brilliant they are? :shrug:

Latest rumours suggest it is a viral advertising campaign.....seems to be working then.

Another vote for the "i'm not 100% about this" side. Just does not ring true for me. I'm sure at some point that case would have gone through Heathrow and got sent to the wrong country.

Aaah that's been added sometime this afternoon ;)

Maybe DHL have been in contact with them perhaps?

Did you not scroll right to the bottom of the page? :D

clicked the link and saw this at the bottom of the page.
Shame I so wanted it to be true. :LOL:

Did you really expect DHL to get all around the world with no screw ups :shrug: We sent a parcel via them to Devon it went to Scotland back to our local depot ( back up to Tyne side ( getting closer :D) back to our local depot and finally to here its originating destination, I knew it had to be a fake even before scrolling down (y) :D

I found this in my inbox this evening when I finally managed to get online :LOL:

Dear Mrs Fisher,

Please find below information regarding your enquiry into the ‘Biggest Drawing in the World’ project.

DHL can confirm that the company did not transport any shipment for ‘The biggest drawing in the world’ art project.

The company was approached by the student and allowed access for filming in its Arlanda terminal, on the understanding that this was for a creative project intended only for Mr. Nordenankar’s exam work at his art school in Stockholm.

DHL was not aware at any time that this project would be made public anywhere outside the school.

As it has become apparent that this project is now in the public domain and could be viewed as misleading, DHL is in currently in contact with Mr. Nordenankar to ensure that the fictional nature of the project is made clear on his website and on any additional sites on which he has posted full or partial content of the film.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details available below.

Many thanks
Jess

Jessica Burr

Corporate Communications

Back