The Bigma??

Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking for a longer lens than my existing 70-200mm F2.8 VR and TC17E-II teleconvertor combo.

I have seen a Sigma 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX APO for sale. It is a return which has been fully repaired by Sigma, complete with all accessories and has a 6 month warranty.

I know this isn't going to be anywhere near as fast as the big sigma/nikon lenses, but italso doesn't cost anywhere near as much. This one is for sale at £400.

Am I correct in saying that this is a very good price?

I am thinking about getting it on the basis that if I don't like it, I should be able to sell it for at least as much as I paid???

Thanks
Chez

Well 7day shop have it for £599 so yes I'd say £400 is an excellent price. Since the lens you saw has a warranty I don't think there would be any problems if it was not up to scratch but is it local, can you try it out first? take a few shots with your own camera and cf card and process them yourself to check it.

Thanks Steep...

It is not local, it is from Warehouse Express.

I have ordered it now..should be here Monday!

As I said, if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can sell it on fro at least what I paid....

I'm also considering trying a 2x TC on my 70-200mm F2.8 VR lens, as this would give me 400mm F5.6, but with VR as well (although I have heard reports that this combination can be prone to focus hunting...).

Which would you expect to perform better? Obviously the Bigma will have an extra 100mm, but the 70-200/TC would have VR, which could be VERY useful at these focal lengths!

Back