The 'Blue' UK Passport

I renewed mine back in April and until I read this I thought it was black.

I've just had a good look at it under some strong light and it most definitely looks as black as a black thing. However, putting it next to something that is truly black, I can just make out that it has a 'teensy weensy' bit of VERY dark blue in it.

It's probably the (is it Dutch?) suppliers getting the last laugh

Reactions: Sky
Ive seen 3 or 4 and they have all been obviously dark blue. I cant recall the "original" blue but also am not fussed what colour the outside of my passport is anyway

Mine came 2 days ago. Reading this I thought it was black. Will have to and check .. in daylight…

In all seriousness, who cares?
The blue passport thing was a frenzy being whipped up some remainers saying "at least we will get our blue passports back, and adding :ROFLMAO: "
When they had run out of reasoned arguments to stay.
There are far more important things to worry about.

The blue passport thing was a frenzy being whipped up some remainers saying "at least we will get our blue passports back, and adding :ROFLMAO: "
That was the point of my starting the thread. It seemed to be an important side effect of Brexit for some of those that wanted to leave the European Union, to "get our blue passports back". The reality of the 'blue' passport is as disappointing as a lot of promises of Brexit. :rolleyes:

Sigh. Remember the Olden Days™ when we used to just waltz through the EU gates and laugh at all the 'foreigners' having to queue up?

Still. Blue passports, eh?

The reality of the 'blue' passport
Who cares? it doesn't matter what colour it is.
Just be thankful the woke lot never go in there first or it'd be rainbow coloured.

Still. Blue passports, eh?
Just be thankful the woke lot never go in there first or it'd be rainbow coloured.

Make the bloody thing easier to find!

Reactions: Nod
Ah "woke", don't think I'll go there, specially not with a Mod. I like visiting here. ;)
Fluorescent orange it is then (y)
Yep, if the colour does not matter, make the colour actually useful. It would be a useful use after all for changing the colour, and the probable expense that will have caused, rather than just to satiate a vocal minority.

I hope you are not serious, it was definitely a Brexiteers argument albeit a minor one. The only input Remainers had was saying we could have a blue (or any colour) EU passport as the colour wasn’t mandated.

Reactions: dkh
I hope you are not serious, it was definitely a Brexiteers argument albeit a minor one.
I'm being serious lots of remainers often posted "at least we can have our blue passports back"
They thought they were being clever as below..

I think they were just joking...
Not with the amount of venom that was used to post it.
You've not been here long enough to have read through the various threads.

I'm being serious lots of remainers often posted "at least we can have our blue passports back"
They thought they were being clever as below..

That may well be true but it was sarcasm since the blue passport, along with avoirdupois and £sd was one of the advantages promoted by brexiteers — I’m almost sure it wasn’t in the official campaign but I’m not bothered enough to check. As a bitter remainer and gritty rejoiner myself I know that no sensible remainer would say that seriously since we know we could have had a blue one anyway — which always looked black to me, but mine was originally issued abroad in the colonies so may have been different.

BTW I always thought that was one of the errors of the EU there was no reason that passports shouldn’t have had “country” branding and similarly Euro currency could have retained country designs and even names provided some characteristics were held in common. A similar error was committed bu UK at decimalisation — we should have kept the penny (and made it equal to the decimal p giving everyone a tiny bonus) and a ten pence shilling, a 10/- £ with a new name (sov, sovereign, quid ?) and a new “heavy” £ worth five old ones which would have made the bankers happy. The whole thing would have been a “proper” decimal system. and all the old coins and notes could have been kept until they wore out ㋡.

Back