The Bluebells are here.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
After getting the kids back to school :) this morning I went out to a local Bluebell wood. As I was packing up the great hordes desended. I didnt realise how popular these woods are at this time of year.
All three photos have been processed via lightroom, the last having the HDR treatment from CS5. First time I`ve used this and was quite pleased with the end result. See what you think. (y):thumbsdown:
Cheers Gary

Pamphill Bluebell Wood

Pamphill Bluebell Wood

Bluebell glade

Number 3 is my favourite as the bluebells are the main focus with the top trees receding into the background nicely but in the first two bluebells and trees fight for attention.

Thanks for the input chaps, you`re right of course they do look too blue. Guess I overdone the saturation. Its good to get the feedback it really does make me reappraise what I`ve done and hopefully will get right next time.

Ive reworked nos 1 and 3. Number 1 Ive desaturated the blues slightly and darkened the depths of the woods somewhat. The foreground was lightened and sharpened and the path has had the contrast boosted a tad.

Number 3 is a 5 exposure HDR so I do like and do expect to a certain degree of saturated colours, but after another look the bluebells do look a bit overcooked so I have desaturated them aswell.

Number 1 reworked

058-4rework

Number 3 reworked

Untitled2_HDR2-5 rework

Back