The boat house

I like this a lot Peter, nicely composed although I would problably have cropped it so the boat house was more over to the right of shot. But the white of the building contrast beautifully with the surrounding landscape, fine work.

Its a little on the bland side, firstly great reflection, not always easy to come by. It does need a drop of warm light to really make the shot work and a slightly different composition, agree with Steve on the cropping. Also whats on the lower right hand corner its distracting.

I'm still learning but I must say I would be please to take a picture like your's as Brazo said what is in the lower right corner? :)

I like this a very peaceful shot I took the liberty of having a little play in CS 5

hope you don't mind Peter?

Les ;)

I like this but for me I would have cleaned up the reflection a little bit as the surface of the water is slightly broken with flies/leaves. Also the jetty and ladder are distracting me on the bottom right.

I like the viewpoint you have chosen as it's not the usual one most people opt for including myself!

I personally prefer the first one and agree with the points about the composition. Well done on getting the reflections, I always struggle to find them :(

If you have photoshop then take a look at the clone stamp tool and content aware filter to remove the submerged jetty. To be honest I'm not great at removing stuff but those tools should get you started hopefully :)

Back