The Bride and Bridesmaid

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my 15 year old grand daughter Chelsea, a Bridesmaid yesterday at her cousins Wedding ive never done people before and would like comment's please thank you...Ray:)
2619473068_c4859802ef_o.jpg

And here she is with the Bride Viki her cousin
2619564488_0a610874f5_o.jpg

There's quite a pronounced bias towards the green on these shots Ray. The foliage is looking very garish and decidedly tropical rain forest, but it's having an effect on the whole image including the skin tones.

It's good that you haven't placed your figures centrally in the frame, although I'd have gone for the longer shot and portrait orientation - possibly a full length or 3/4 length shot, particularly with the first one. :) Diffused fill flash would have given the shot just that bit more punch too.

Quick edit on the colour balance...

bridesmaid_edit.jpg

I like the pictures but I think the 1st picture could do with cropping a bit, so not as much greenery.

I like these shots. Personally I'd do very little with them. I think the composition is good. No.1 hits the Rule of Thirds perfectly (not that such rules must be complied with).

I'd even push the saturation up a little to make them "pop" a little. Here's my shot:

2619473068_c4859802ef_o.jpg

Good work (and two pretty ladys too!)

Last edited:
I would be tempted to try and crop the roof out, or clone it out with the hedge, just to see what it was like. I would also try to remove the small conifer that's growing out her left shoulder, again 'just to see' if it was an improvement.

Pity about the hair over her eye and I'm with CT that a longer shot would have been nice with more of the dress showing as it's a lovely colour.

I would imagine she will be very pleased with the shots.

I shot my first pics at a wedding yesterday (thread here somewhere), and, like you, had a problem with everything being so damned green! A shallow DoF seemed to help - something you could try maybe?

Lovely shots nonetheless and I wish I had your eye for composition! :)

Back