The cabin / & view

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Well Jo did ask! Decking to go in under the roof & roof to tidy up.
Cabin.jpg

The view. Looking to the hills of home in the distance.

491.jpg

Let's go, Jo....we'll be on the next plane.

SOme serious birdwatching to be had there, and with a nice woodburning stove too. :woot:

Oh my... look at that :eek:

Janice you got a big enough flask for the both of us? :LOL: Lets go!

Let's go, Jo....we'll be on the next plane.

SOme serious birdwatching to be had there, and with a nice woodburning stove too. :woot:

We also get Reds Squirrels & Roe at the door.. It will be nice to get the thing finished now though. I have another project on the drawing board.
Mind you with you two inside I could also do some serious bird watching.:nuts:;)

Last edited:
Oh my... look at that :eek:

Janice you got a big enough flask for the both of us? :LOL: Lets go!

Dinae need a flask. The stove has a place for the kettle. Choccy biccies too.:)

Mind you with you two inside I could also do some serious bird watching.:nuts:;)

:eek: :LOL:

Jo, did you hear him? Anyway, Charlie... we are not serious birds!

We are very frivolous! :D

:LOL: What a naughty boy you are Charlie! ... I mean choccy biccies!? :eek:

Oh Wow, what a lovely place and great views.

I daren't comment on the pics. I feel like I'm interrupting something. :D

Oh Wow, what a lovely place and great views.

Thank you. I am not sure if you know the history to this cabin.
I started it some time ago by felling & milling the trees for it. Most of the trees were windblown & would have been left to rot. When the landowner asked me for a "wee shedie to keep the oars of the boat in" This is what we came up with:D
Apart from the sawmilling side of things all the rest has been done by using hand tools.

2 beauties Charlie and I mean the photographs. Great composition, exposure and colours in the first. Fantastic scenery in a well composed, beautifully exposed shot in no2 :clap:

So it's a labour of love really, that's some Shedie you've constructed :D

I am felling kinda nervous now!:LOL::LOL:

Is that a woodman joke? :LOL:

TBH, with a view like that out of the window, I don't think any 'bird' would distract my attention. Except for my GF of course. :D Is she looking? :cautious:

You could put a bloody fishing vessel in there never mind the oars! :LOL:

Originally Posted by sawman

I am felling kinda nervous now!

Is that a woodman joke? :LOL:

Ha ha. I didnt notice that. I bet sawman will tell you he did it for purpose! ;)

So it's a labour of love really, that's some Shedie you've constructed :D

Thank you. The shedie will always hold memories for me. Some good some not so.I hope that The owner & his family have many happy years in it. I get to use it too but these days I am more often in my hide. It too was built to last.
The actual framing in the cabin is 6x6inch larch morticed & tennoned together.It should not blow away.:D

Last edited:
2 beauties Charlie and I mean the photographs. Great composition, exposure and colours in the first. Fantastic scenery in a well composed, beautifully exposed shot in no2 :clap:

Thank you. To be honest with you though I feel I did not do that view justice. The light was very strange that day.

Originally Posted by sawman

I am felling kinda nervous now!

Ha ha. I didnt notice that. I bet sawman will tell you he did it for purpose! ;)

I told you. I was FEELING nervous. Would you not with those two coming at you.:LOL::LOL:

The light may have been strange but the picture isn't, just somehow... harmonious, it all works so well together. really nice mate.

Andy

The light may have been strange but the picture isn't, just somehow... harmonious, it all works so well together. really nice mate.

Andy

Thank you. I was not going to put that one on here as I did not think it was good enough.

Jo. You need to take something for that cough.;)

I know I was just thinking that! Maybe a trip to the travel agents will help cure it, along with a trip to B&Q to buy some 'You can move a cabin a few hundred miles with these tools' tools .... :LOL:

I know I was just thinking that! Maybe a trip to the travel agents will help cure it, along with a trip to B&Q to buy some 'You can move a cabin a few hundred miles with these tools' tools .... :LOL:
#

Or you could rub some Vic on your chest... if he lives nearby! ;)

A guid stiff dram should do it.:D

Ooer missus. :eek:

Quite agree. I have come over all shy now.:confused:

Well long may it continue!

So when Jo & I come and install ourselves in "that there cabin" we will not be disturbed by you doing some serious birdwatching... or watching of serious birds! :D

Well long may it continue!

So when Jo & I come and install ourselves in "that there cabin" we will not be disturbed by you doing some serious birdwatching... or watching of serious birds! :D

No. Cause I will be heading for them thaar hills:exit:

That looks like one comfy shed. I can vaguely remember the first set of shots that you posted well over a year ago. (y)

Cracking view too

Nice handywork on the shed, the view is more than stunning. What a fabulous shot!

Thanks again folks but I think when you see some shots of the inside you will change your thinking about calling it a shed! Double glazing The finest european larch flooring & wall cladding. Woodburning stove & a well stocked bar!:LOL:

Back